Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- June 2015 (Part 2)

I read Heading Out by mistake. I promised myself never to read anything by Ghoolrick after reading A Reliable Wife (which remains on my hate list) but I didn't realize he'd written this one and I really liked it. And you're right, mrssweetie-it did take a turn half way thru. Almost like someone else took over the pen. But I still liked it. 

I am so lost on these threads-I can never find my replies. I have floated something to the top (another category) but it only stayed a few days. It's just awful. I quote something but after I've written a whole epistle, the quote never comes up so I have to go back on and say to whom I was addressing my reply. I hate it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

I give up looking for how to quote, so I will just say that flowers, my post about The Girl on the Train was for you.

------------------

judaline, this is how to quote:

1. Click on the grey boxed (it will turn red when you place your cursor on it) "REPLY" in the post you want to quote (it's at the bottom right in the post, not the red boxed REPLY at the top of the page). This will open a box like you normally would type a post in.

2.  When the box comes up, click on the bolded "QUOTE" above the box on the right hand side. When you do this, what you want to quote will appear in the box.

3.  Type your message as you normally would under the quote.

4. Click on POST as you normally would and you will have a quoted post.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

For those who don't know how to edit:

1. Locate the post you want to edit

2. At the top of the post there are 3 little grey dots all the way at the right hand side of the box 

3. Click on those dots and you will get a drop down box with the following options:

~ edit reply

~ delete

~ mark as new

~ highlight

~ print

~ email to a friend

~ report as inappropriate

4. Click on "edit reply"

5. Edit as needed

6. When finished, click on the red boxed "POST" and your reply will be edited, showing it was edited and the time it was edited underneath the title of the post

Respected Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

Not sure how to operate Spoiler.  Practicing

Spoiler
Is the Spoiler working?  Am I doing it?  This is to Sunala and regarding Heading Out to Wonderful...

You did it! I can see you are asking "is the spoiler working". Yes it is!

Super Contributor

I just added this to my wishlist on Amazon. Heard it's similar to We Need To Talk About Kevin, which I thought was so well written.

Super Contributor

As a huge Gone Girl fan, I didn't enjoy either Girl On The Train or Luckiest Girl Alive, however, I absolutely loved The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson. Dark and full of twists - could not put it down.

Also, thanks for starting this thread. I always enjoy reading everyone's suggestions and I've discovered some great reads this way.

Esteemed Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

Not sure how to operate Spoiler.  Practicing

Spoiler
Is the Spoiler working?  Am I doing it?  This is to Sunala and regarding Heading Out to Wonderful...

Yes MrsSweetieBear, it worked on this post. Not on the others. 

If we can get it to work, I think it will be a wonderful addition to our discussions, as we can add comments that nobody will see unless they want to. 

Spoiler
I'm not sure if this "spoiler" is going to work, so please just let me know!

I really liked the book, even the ending (except I had a question which I can't remember now lol)

Great to see you here!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I don't know about anybody else but I can't see pictures any more I may see some but right now on this book thread I don't see any.  I can't even see the pictures of the 2 books I posted yesterday but I saw them  last night on mini ipad but now I can't see them on the laptop I posted them from. 

Trusted Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

I give up looking for how to quote, so I will just say that flowers, my post about The Girl on the Train was for you.

------------------

judaline, this is how to quote:

1. Click on the grey boxed (it will turn red when you place your cursor on it) "REPLY" in the post you want to quote (it's at the bottom right in the post, not the red boxed REPLY at the top of the page). This will open a box like you normally would type a post in.

2.  When the box comes up, click on the bolded "QUOTE" above the box on the right hand side. When you do this, what you want to quote will appear in the box.

3.  Type your message as you normally would under the quote.

4. Click on POST as you normally would and you will have a quoted post.

Yes, that's how to do it.  I will add that I usually change the font and/or the type color when I Quote because otherwise it is still sometimes difficult to tell the added part to the original part. The options for Font type, Font size, and Color are all in the Reply box.  The color is in the drop down arrow next to the 'A' with the line underneath.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I don't know about anybody else but I can't see pictures any more I may see some but right now on this book thread I don't see any.  I can't even see the pictures of the 2 books I posted yesterday but I saw them  last night on mini ipad but now I can't see them on the laptop I posted them from. 

I see your pictures of the two books you posted, lovescats.  Girl on the Train was one of them, right?

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~