Trusted Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- June 2015 (Part 2)

I read Bettyville a few weeks ago too. I loved it.
Super Contributor

I just finished THE LOST WIFE - another WWII story but this is a love story. Wonderful book - gave it five stars at GOODREADS.
Respected Contributor

I am reading The Threshing Circle byNeil Grimmett.  It is a mystery and takes place on Crete.  The story is good and having lived in Greece, I love the setting.  I can picture everything they talk about.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

I just finished Bettyville. Really a good book. He writes well and has a droll sense of humor. I laughed a lot at his one liners. This is not a quick easy read. More intense I would say, but I liked it a lot.

Hi judaline, I just took out Bettyville from my e-library. It was just sitting there waiting for me Woman Very Happy 

I will start it as soon as I'm done with The Boston Girl, by Anita Diamant, which I'm loving. 

SWEET it looks like I'm following you, reading the same ones you are. How rare is that? 

Happy reading everyone!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@Irish1210 wrote:

Finding Jake by Bryan Reardon

***I'm very much enjoying the style of the book, however, please note that it is about a school shooting ~ certainly a most disturbing topic.

I'm pushing this up my list.  I thought Shriver's We Need to Speak About Kevin was masterful.

Respected Contributor

I loved THE LOST WIFE, too, SAGAL!
Trusted Contributor

I just finished Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. Looking forward to the next instillation in the trilogy.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

Loved All I Know and Love. One of my favorites!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo.  While her basic method of decluttering is a little radical for me, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I like how she states over and over again that we should only hold onto things that give us joy.  There is a lot of Japanese culture in her book and I especially like how she respects all her possessions.

edited to add: there is an entire thread about this book in Community Chat for anyone interested.

I also read The Singer's Gun by Emily St. John Mandel.  This is the third book I've read by this author and I'm so impressed by her.  All the stories are vastly different but I can see the similarity in themes.   She has one more I haven't read.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbalulu wrote:

I just finished Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King. Looking forward to the next instillation in the trilogy.

abbalulu, the second installation of the trilogy is Finders Keepers. It's out and ready for you to read! 

I finished it recently and I loved it.  Hope you enjoy it as well!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett