Trusted Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- June 2015 (Part 2)

@sunala wrote:

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

Not sure how to operate Spoiler.  Practicing

Spoiler
Is the Spoiler working?  Am I doing it?  This is to Sunala and regarding Heading Out to Wonderful...

Yes MrsSweetieBear, it worked on this post. Not on the others. 

If we can get it to work, I think it will be a wonderful addition to our discussions, as we can add comments that nobody will see unless they want to. 

Spoiler
I'm not sure if this "spoiler" is going to work, so please just let me know!

I really liked the book, even the ending (except I had a question which I can't remember now lol)

Great to see you here!

Yep - looks like we both got the Spoiler thingy down now.  The question I thought you might have had is one I have too...

Spoiler
Where did Charlie Beale (Beebo) get all that money in the first place that he was able to go around and buy up all that property?

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I read Heading Out by mistake. I promised myself never to read anything by Ghoolrick after reading A Reliable Wife (which remains on my hate list) but I didn't realize he'd written this one and I really liked it. And you're right, mrssweetie-it did take a turn half way thru. Almost like someone else took over the pen. But I still liked it. 

I am so lost on these threads-I can never find my replies. I have floated something to the top (another category) but it only stayed a few days. It's just awful. I quote something but after I've written a whole epistle, the quote never comes up so I have to go back on and say to whom I was addressing my reply. I hate it.

I'm still glad I read it, Judaline.  I didn't exactly hate it like the other one.  Parts were enjoyable.  I loved the feeling of time and place he gives.  

As to finding your way around this new place, I read a tip from another poster somewhere.  Put a search for your nic in the Search box up on top in the box next to where it says 'Community'.  The 'Community' is a drop down menu.  Drop it down to 'User' and hit the red GO.  When it brings up your nic don't click on it.  Click instead where it shows the number count of your posts. It will take you to all your posts, the most recent first.  Once there, BOOKMARK IT, in your usual way you bookmark your favorite places with your computer browser.  Use that to get into the forums and sign in from there each time.  That's how I'm doing it

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

I don't know about anybody else but I can't see pictures any more I may see some but right now on this book thread I don't see any.  I can't even see the pictures of the 2 books I posted yesterday but I saw them  last night on mini ipad but now I can't see them on the laptop I posted them from. 

I see your pictures of the two books you posted, lovescats.  Girl on the Train was one of them, right?

I can see the pictures I posted now and I can see sunny's spoilers but on the other thread rachel's cat I can't see all the pictures.   I unchecked the box ignore html.  

Super Contributor

Just finished Someone is Watching by Joy Fielding. It was good and left me guessing (although I am bad about sneaking a peak at the end Smiley Embarassed).  Now I am reading Twelve Days by Alex Berenson.  So many books, so little time.

BTW, my 9 year old granddaughter, who, like her grandma, is a voracious reader, is having a contest with me to see who can read the most books this summer.   She very well may win. I will be treating her to a lunch at the restaurant of her choice! I  WILL give her a run for her money though.

Esteemed Contributor

Sunny, thanks for the 'float' tip. Used it on this thread. LM
Super Contributor

I loved the Vacationers too! Thoroughly enjoyable light read!
Super Contributor

Loved Heading out to Wonderful too!
Super Contributor

This new Board was very poorly constructed - QVC NEEDS TO GET A CLUE!
Super Contributor

Strange the word quote didn't show up for me - is it because I'm using iPad? Hate this new Board!
Super Contributor

Unfortunately I don't know what you are "spoiling" so don't know whether to open or not! Can you add the name of the book?