Esteemed Contributor

What Are You Reading? July, 2019

Happy July to our Book Club!

What are you reading today? Please share your favorite books, your worst books, or any reading experience you've had. We'd love to hear from you.

Welcome to all our new members!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? July, 2019

[ Edited ]

Reading Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton.   Amazing how science is proving that we are capable of responsibility for our health.  Every health professional (or if you are faced with critical health issues or interested in living your life to the fullest) should read and digest this book....from nurse to neurosurgeon.  So grateful that my health care provider is not only familiar with Dr. Lipton's research, but he lives it in his practice.  As soon as I finish, I'm looking forward to reading Lipton's other books.  So life affirming and supportive with science to prove what I've believed all along.

Regular Contributor

I'm reading "The Wife Before Me" by Laura Elliott.  It's a twisty physological thriller and I cannot put it down.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @sunala  for keeping us going💕.  LM

Respected Contributor

I just started My Lovely Wife.

I read The Wife Before Me a few months ago and I agree that is a good book.

Respected Contributor

I am listening. I have read some great series and now I have gotten the audio books from the library and it’s like I’m reading a totally different book.

I am going through the JR Ward, black dagger brotherhood series and the narrator Jim Frangione is super. Great to listen to at the beach, great to listen to in the car, or by the pool.

Honored Contributor

Take A Chance, by Shelly Shephard Gray;

Savage News, by Jessica Yellin.

The Wife Before Me and My Lovely Wife are both books I could not bear to put down even to grab a snack.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

After getting almost to the halfway point in Lilac Girls,  I finally put it in my donation pile. I know it's gotten many positive reviews, but I just couldn't take it.

I'm tempted to do the same with Love and Ruin, by Melanie Benjamin. The author is wonderful, but the store of Hemingway and Gellhorn is somehow irritating to me. I'll probably finish it, though, because I do respect the author. And then I'll give it away.

On the positive side, I am enthralled with Lionel Shriver's We Need to Talk About Kevin. I know it's been around for a while, but I'm finally getting around to reading it.

I've also been enjoying Charles Finch's The Last Enchantments. His Charles Lenox mystery series is also topnotch.

Regular Contributor

I just ordered My Lovely Wife and can't wait to read it.  Thanks for the heads up on it.

Trusted Contributor

I'm about half way thru Summer of '69 by Elin Hildebrand. Really enjoying it. I love how she named the chapters after popular songs from that era. Finished Lost Roses last week, which is the prequel to Lilac Girls. It was okay. Next on my list, Queen Bee by Dorothea Benton Frank.