Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? July, 2019

@LoriLori wrote:

@pateacher   I know it was hugely popular but I finally figured out the worst modern book I read and it's A Reliable Wife.  I detested the characters.

hi @LoriLori - me too! I read it several years ago and although I remember little, I do recall liking the couple that worked in the big house. They were so nice. Everyone else was a terrible character and not worth reading.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

I am reading OUTBREAK by Davis Bunn. It's a thriller. Something terrible is about to overcome the worldđź’€I haven't finished it yet so don't know what it is!!!

Also am reading David Jeremiah's new BOOK of SIGNS. Really good.
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

just read. Bookshop by the Shore by Jenny Colgan

quick and predictable read but I really enjoyed, it's for those who like Pilcher and Katie Fforde . 

For some reason I love this genre 

@jackthebear- I read one of Jenny Colgan's books about the library on wheels, and I enjoyed it a lot. I intend to read all her books. It made me very happy!

I saw it at Costco and got from the library then checked out 3 more ,  you might enjoy Katie Fforde's books too . 

Valued Contributor

I an reading The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams.

She also wrote Summer Wives and a series of books about the Schuyler sisters.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Murder in Marseille, book 14 in the Maggie Newberry series by Susan Kiernan-Lewis.  I have read this series from the beginning, but this one was my least favorite.  I like the addition of Luc, but the stories are getting very far-fetched.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

For all psychological thriller fans, run don’t walk to your bookstore to pick up a copy of THE CHAIN by ADRIAN McKINTY.  I have been so disenchanted & disappointed in the ones I have read lately but this one...omg!  I read it in a day, it launches like a rocket from page 1 to the end!  I highly recommend this fantastic read!  

2A9C8EAA-E113-4CAA-A1D0-4050C9ECB839.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

For all psychological thriller fans, run don’t walk to your bookstore to pick up a copy of THE CHAIN by ADRIAN McKINTY.  I have been so disenchanted & disappointed in the ones I have read lately but this one...omg!  I read it in a day, it launches like a rocket from page 1 to the end!  I highly recommend this fantastic read!  

2A9C8EAA-E113-4CAA-A1D0-4050C9ECB839.jpeg

That sounds good!  A bit terrifying as a parent though. I have it in my wish list. Thanks for the rec!

Respected Contributor

@pateacher wrote:

I an reading The Golden Hour by Beatriz Williams.

She also wrote Summer Wives and a series of books about the Schuyler sisters.

I’ve got a sample on my Kindle. I really like Beatriz Williams, but I’ve liked some of her books more than others. I’m hoping this one is a winner. 

Respected Contributor

Sunala, I'll check out Goolrick's second book (I appreciate your comment recommending it).

Regular Contributor

I just finished reading Debbie Macomber's Window on the Bay.  I really enjoyed it. I may reread it.  I am also into cowboy stories, they are great quick reads.