Valued Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- July 2015

I am reading "The Art of Baking Blind" by Sarah Vaughan.  If you loved watching "The Great British Bakeoff" on PBS you will enjoy this book.   It is about a  fictional British. baking competition and the competitors' lives.  Makes you want to make a lovely sponge cake or some scones to enjoy while reading.  Absolutely yummy!

Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I'm glad to see everyone is liking The Kind Worth Killing by

Peter Swanson.   I haven't read it yet but I  bought because it one of the kindle monthly July deals on amazon.

The Kind Worth Killing: A Novel

I'm half finished with this book and it is deliciously twisty.  I can't wait to see how it ends. 

Respected Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

I loved Jane Smiley's Some Luck. I bought the second book in the trilogy, but haven't started it yet.

I see you can request the arc for the 3rd one on netgalley.

Respected Contributor

I have at least 1000 books, probably more, and I made up my mind to start reading the ones that were bought and never opened.

Yesterday I found THE PAPERBOY by Pete Dexter. It was published in 1995 but since the story is set in the 60's it doesn't much matter...I am enjoying it .

Honored Contributor

I have been reading, but also working, so I forgot about updating the list.  Here is what I have finished recently:

Valued Contributor

I love this  forum, on the old one many of you were reading Murder on Moloka'i, I really enjoyed this book, thanks to all! Joe Nesbo, has a series ( mystery) ,Inspector Harry Hole of the Oslo crime squad, goes to Sydney to observe a murder case, hooks up with an Aboriginal detective, to solve a murder. The  first book is called The Bat, enjoying this new series,about  10 in all. Also, on my Kindel, I am reading The Dead key, by D. M. Pulley another mystery, where a closed down bank is being bought up, after twenty years of just sitting there. A back and forth present to past tells the story and mystery of  multi people and this  bank and the ties and weaves it back and forth. I also read Dark places, by Jillian Flynn, excellent dark physiological thriller,with many unlikeable characters, a must read, great ending too. I am trying to find how to bold or underlined the titles.

Valued Contributor

This is my first post to this forum - have read several books that were mentioned here.

I love mysteries - my latest book:  THE STORM MURDERS by John Farrow. 

On the day after a blizzard two policeman are called to an isolated farm house in Canada, where they find two dead people - no tracks in the snow, in or out of the house . . .

Excellent writing, twists and turns.

Honored Contributor

I just want to thank whoever (whomever?) recommended Letters to the Lost. I just finished it and am a little choked up. LOVED it. The last chapters tugged at the heartstrings and kept me on the edge of my couch. Whew. Whatta story. The characters were so dear, I could just see them. OK, that's all I'll say, but thanks again. I am wondering if it might have been our friend LynneintheUK  who told us about it, being as how it takes place in England. If not she should read it!

Trusted Contributor

I just finished ready Lady Maybe , author Julie Klassen.  I just love all of her books

Jessa
Valued Contributor

I just read David Jeremiah's new book Agents of the Apocalypse.  Very interesting and different from many prophecy books.  I learned a lot!