New Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- July 2015

I just finished "Once We Were Brothers" by Ronald Balson and thoroughly enjoyed it. A prominent Chicago philanthropist is accused of being a Nazi soldier.
Super Contributor

I just finished THE WRONG MOTHER by SOPHIE HANNAH. I have now read her first three books in the series and they have all been well written. All three have been dark thrillers and I probably won't read another of her books for awhile - they are intense. I need a change so I'm onto DEAD WAKE by ERIK LARSON about the Lusitania. A real change of pace!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi SAGAL! I am grateful for your recommendation for SECRETS OF A CHARMED LIFE! I have thoroughly enjoyed it! I will definitely investigate A FALL OF MARIGOLDS, too!
Esteemed Contributor

SAGAL, I am not reading as much as normal as I am a big gardener so I don't spend much time indoors in these summer months. Got to say, I am liking your choices though. Think I'll just click on your name for fall and winter reading haha. Happy Monday! Happy reading! LM
Valued Contributor

I am reading Invasion of Privacy by Christopher Reich. Interesting, but not enough for me to read well into the night.

Respected Contributor

Two audio books with great narrators

Seveneves by  Neal Stephenson 

Finders Keepers by Stephen King 

Seveneves: A Novel

Finders Keepers: A Novel

Trusted Contributor

I read Iron Lace by Emily Richards. I know it's an older one but I missed it somewhere along the line. I see it has a sequel so I will probably read that too.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

I also have from the library the audio of Inside the O'Briens by lisa genova and have listened to over an hour and think it's dull so far.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovescats wrote:

Two audio books with great narrators

Seveneves by  Neal Stephenson 

Finders Keepers by Stephen King 

Seveneves: A Novel

I'm next in line for Seveneves on my Kindle.  Is it a good book?

I've never been able to get into audio books.  I absolutely cannot concentrate when I have a book read to me (must be something wrong with me)).  I do better when I can see the printed word.

Honored Contributor

Has anyone read anything by Theresa Rizzo?

http://www.theresarizzo.com/books.php

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.