Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- July 2015

[ Edited ]
Just posted in the June thread by mistake. Just finished RECONSTRUCTING AMELIA. Thanks to whoever recommended it. It was a page turner. LM
Honored Contributor

Just started this one, don't think I've read this author before but I'm a new subscriber to Scribd.com and I'm reading as much as I can in my waking hours, lol.

left.png

Frequent Contributor

I read . THE WOMAN UPSTAIRS quite some time ago.

I thought it sounded really great, but it did not live up to my hopes.  I got bored with it and did not like any of the characters that well. 

It did portray immense cruelty and sad loneliness which was depressing.

Respected Contributor

The Truth Teller's Lie is well written.  It is about violence against women, so if this topic is not one you want to hear or read about, skip this title.  Sophie  Hannah is an excellent author.  I'm reading books by a lot of authors from Great Britain and the British Isles lately.  Somehow American authors don't measure up to many of these talented writers.

Frequent Contributor

The author hates mysteries and considers those that write them below her exalted position in literary circles.  She states she wrote this as an insult to them.  I lost any respect for her after such a rude endeavor.

N

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The comments about Ripper make me want to read it because one review said she wrote with her mystery writer husband William c Gordon. His books seem to be more popular in other countries. If I see it at the library I'll bring it home.

fpo

Super Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:
Just posted in the June thread by mistake. Just finished RECONSTRUCTING AMELIA. Thanks to whoever recommended it. It was a page turner.

Hi Lilysmom,
I recommended the book as it really held my attention - like you i found it very hard to put down!
Honored Contributor

I finished Wayward (Wayward Pines #2) last night and downloaded The Last Town (WP #3) immediately after. I magically got the timing right so that I was able to get both with the 1 per month Kindle Lending Library in the space of a couple of weeks and didn't have to wait a month. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sagan, not suprised it was you. Our reading tastes are similar. I always look at your recs! LM
Frequent Contributor

Finally finished "The Way the Crow Flies" by Ann-Marie McDonald. What a shame a wonderfully written story was buried in 700 pages. Could have easily been edited down to 400 pages or so. If you choose this, it is not for the impatient reader, but I was glad I stayed with it. **this story deals with se---l abuse of children and can be very dark at times**