Honored Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? January 2019 Happy New Year!

The Cutting Edge by Jeffery Deaver. A Lincoln Rhyme novel.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy New Year fellow readers. I would like to thank @sunala for keeping this thread alive, and helping me to come together with other readers. I have said it before. This is the best forum IMO on the QVC site.

I participated in the Goodreads 2018 challenge. My goal was 50 books and I was able to read 74. I have set my goal at 60 books for 2019. I enjoy the site because it brings readers together, gives suggestions for like books, and it keeps track of books that I have read in the past.  

I am currently reading  Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb.

Esteemed Contributor

Summer People (A Ray Elkins Thriller Series)  by Aaron Stander.  So far, very good.  It takes place in a coastal town of Michigan.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Am reading a cozy mystery titled, “Booked for Trouble” by Eva Gates. On deck is, “Glass Houses” by Louise Penny. Am trying to read more books from my own “stash” instead of relying on library books. Have to take a look at my Goodreads challenge for the year to see what I want to set as a goal for this upcoming year. Also want to get out of my comfort zone as far as genres that I read. I do mostly mysteries, thrillers, suspense, historical fiction, and bestsellers. Need to branch out more. Big book sale coming up at a local library in January so that’s a good time to pick some new things.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

I have never read any books by this author. I looked up "The Cutting Edge" on GoodReads, and I see that this is part of series. (sigh) It seems that all of the books that I want to read are always part of a series.

His first book was 'The Bone Collector" which I remember watching several years ago with Denzel Washing and Angelina Jolie.  I will be requesting "The Coffin Dancer". Book 2 in the series from my library if available.

Once again this is why our love this thread. I run across so many book suggestions from fellow readers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@joannecha wrote:

Am reading a cozy mystery titled, “Booked for Trouble” by Eva Gates. On deck is, “Glass Houses” by Louise Penny. Am trying to read more books from my own “stash” instead of relying on library books. Have to take a look at my Goodreads challenge for the year to see what I want to set as a goal for this upcoming year. Also want to get out of my comfort zone as far as genres that I read. I do mostly mysteries, thrillers, suspense, historical fiction, and bestsellers. Need to branch out more. Big book sale coming up at a local library in January so that’s a good time to pick some new things.

@joannecha

I was thinking the same thing, that I need to branch out to other genres from time to time. I am also a thriller, mystery, suspense type of reader. I am going to try and throw in something different at least a few times this year. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

I have never read any books by this author. I looked up "The Cutting Edge" on GoodReads, and I see that this is part of series. (sigh) It seems that all of the books that I want to read are always part of a series.

His first book was 'The Bone Collector" which I remember watching several years ago with Denzel Washing and Angelina Jolie.  I will be requesting "The Coffin Dancer". Book 2 in the series from my library if available.

Once again this is why our love this thread. I run across so many book suggestions from fellow readers. 

@icezeus.  Yes the Lincoln Rhyme books go in order. I always research to see if books are a series as I must read them in order. LOL

Lots of technical stuff in the books that I sometimes skim over.

Contributor

The Clockmakers Daughter. Not too far into it so can’t form an opinion just yet. Anyone read that one yet? If so, any thoughts?
Contributor

That one is in my stack to read!
Contributor

That is: The Cottage by the Sea.