Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? January 2019 Happy New Year!

@CANDLEQUEEN I know I read this one, but that is all I remember?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 Thanks for letting me know about the newest book, I put a request in this morning, and guess what, no waiting list!

Valued Contributor

I am reading The Witch Elm  by Tana French.  I am about 1/3 of the way through and still in the dark.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I know I read this one, but that is all I remember?

@CareBears. Lol! That happens to me a lot too, I guess when you read a lot of books it is bound to happen. This one is about a woman who suffers from Agraphobia, and she watches from her window and her Camera the families on her block. One day something happens and Anna sees something she shouldn't...I am only on Page 103, but it is pretty good so far.....

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN Now I remember, it was good IMO, I read so much, that I do forget what books are about, especially if it has been some time since reading, or the fact that my age is showing, no I have been 29 for so long I honestly forget my actual age, I seriously have to do the math before I can remember!~

Hey, your on vacation, hope you are enjoying your time off!

Respected Contributor

Finished Alexandra Borowitz Family and Other Catastrophes.  It was a fun read.

Onto Amber Brock's Lady Be Good.

Honored Contributor

@Orchestrateacher wrote:
No problem. I am having a hard time getting into The Clockmakers Daughter too. Strange book. I have a ton of other books here to read too.

I am giving up. I am going to the library in about 30 minutes so I am taking this back to them.  There are 6 holds on it after me so maybe they can muddle through it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

When I originally posted about Educated (Tara Westover) I thought it was going to be a fabulous memoir because it seemed so well written.  Now that I'm over 50% I am totally disgusted with it and not sure I'll finish it.  It details how she grew up in a very dysfunctional Mormon family in the mountains of Idaho (I'd say brainwashed).  Some of it is so unbelievable I think it must be made up.  

I read the one star reviews on Amazon (I don't usually do that until I finish a book) and so many people said the same thing (unbelievable).  But then a lot of people said oh no, these events were verified.  I'm at the point now that I don't care if it's true, I find nothing inspiring in her story.

Respected Contributor

I'm reading The Innocent Man after watching the Netflix documentary based upon John Grisham's only non fiction book by the same name.   I thought I'd read it when it came out but now I'm not sure.  I have all of his books so I'm giving it another read.    Both the book and documentary are soooooo heartbreaking and infuriating but I'm going to finish it.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I'm reading The Innocent Man after watching the Netflix documentary based upon John Grisham's only non fiction book by the same name.   I thought I'd read it when it came out but now I'm not sure.  I have all of his books so I'm giving it another read.    Both the book and documentary are soooooo heartbreaking and infuriating but I'm going to finish it.

@Bridgegal I saw the documentary. Let me know about the book.