Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? January 2019 Happy New Year!

I just finished Deck the Hounds by David Rosenfelt, this was such a good book, here by me judging the cover I thought it was going to be about dogs, and it would be an easy fast read, boy was I wrong.  It does mention dogs and a rescue organization but it was a murder/mystery story, that was rather complicated but still easy to follow, I guess this is just 1 of the Andy Carpenter series, which I for sure will be looking into more!

Next up Endless Beach by Jenny Colgan, I enjoy her books, so looking forward to read this one!

Super Contributor

@icezeus I was just telling a friend about so many books now are series.

Super Contributor

I have a few reading goals this year.  One is to read the books I own but lo & behold I have 7 books from the library.  Another is to read more books by women.  I read mostly thrillers & mysteries.  I also need to expand my international reading.  

Super Contributor

Got a James Rollins book at the library - first Rollins I ever read - and it's a very exciting story.  Kinda reminds me of Clive Cussler (or Cussler reminds me of Rollins - don't know who came first).  Going to try to find the first book in the Rollins series.  I don't know what number book I am reading but from the characters it seems to be a series.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I just finished Deck the Hounds by David Rosenfelt, this was such a good book, here by me judging the cover I thought it was going to be about dogs, and it would be an easy fast read, boy was I wrong.  It does mention dogs and a rescue organization but it was a murder/mystery story, that was rather complicated but still easy to follow, I guess this is just 1 of the Andy Carpenter series, which I for sure will be looking into more!

Next up Endless Beach by Jenny Colgan, I enjoy her books, so looking forward to read this one!

Loved Endless Beach @CareBears and have just started number 3 in the series Christmas On The Island.  Jenny's books are all great.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears, I enjoy Rosenfelt very much. His plots are very good, and his writing is excellent being crisp amd concise. It is likely you would enjoy the other books in the Andy Cwrpenter series, as well.a

Respected Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears, I enjoy Rosenfelt very much. His plots are very good, and his writing is excellent being crisp amd concise. It is likely you would enjoy the other books in the Andy Cwrpenter series, as well.

Esteemed Contributor

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Circe wasn't available, so I got this book instead. 

It's about the Trojan War told by Patroclus, who after being exiled  becomes best friend and companion of Achilles. The book refers to some Greek myths and describes relations between humans and gods.  It's very interesting reading. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller. Circe wasn't available, so I got this book instead. 

It's about the Trojan War told by Patroclus, who after being exiled  becomes best friend and companion of Achilles. The book refers to some Greek myths and describes relations between humans and gods.  It's very interesting reading. 

I loved Circe, so I tried reading Song of Achilles and I just could not get into it.  Maybe I'll try it again at another time.  It does get great reviews.