Esteemed Contributor

What Are You Reading? January 2019 Happy New Year!

Happy January 2019. Happy New Year my dear reading friends. Now that the holidays are over, it's time to get cozy, relax, and read read read!

Welcome to all the new members of our group, and happy

happy reading to all!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? January 2019 Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I have 4 books from the library ready to read.  Will probably start with Cottage by the Sea by Debbie Macomber. 

New Contributor

The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian.  

Laura & Emma by Kate Greathead.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunala, Happy New Year to our moderator!  Thanks for keeping this going @sunala❤️!  LM

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy New Year everyone.

I read 86 books in 2018 and I'll see how many I can get to this year.  I don't do the Goodreads challenge because, to me, it puts pressure on myself and I don't like that.

I just finished Only In Key West by Kenneth D. Michaels, a mystery.

Up next is Family and Other Catastrophes by Alexandra Borowitz. 

Honored Contributor

Ready to start:   A New Leash on Love, by Debbie Burns,  book  #1  of the A Rescue Me Series.   

Thank you @sunala  for  hosting this again!  

Happy reading, everyone. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you @sunala for starting this each month. I've gotten the best recommendations here. 

About to finish Christmas on the Island by Jenny Colgan. Always enjoy her books. 

Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year!

I haven't been here for a while.  Not sure what happened to December.  

I had taken out several books that went right back to the library in days, just did not hold my interest. 

The last 2 books that I actually finished reading were:

Cover image for The other wife / Michael Robotham.

Childhood sweethearts William and Mary have been married for sixty years. William is a celebrated surgeon, Mary a devoted wife. Both have a strong sense of right and wrong. 

This is what their son, Joe O'Loughlin, has always believed. But when Joe is summoned to the hospital with news that his father has been brutally attacked, his world is turned upside down. Who is the strange woman crying at William's bedside, covered in his blood - a friend, a mistress, a fantasist or a killer?   

AND:

Cover image for An unwanted guest / Shari Lapena.

A weekend retreat at a cozy mountain lodge is supposed to be the perfect getaway. But when the storm hits, no one is getting away. It's winter in the Catskills and Mitchell's Inn, nestled deep in the woods, is the perfect setting for a relaxing maybe even romantic weekend away. When the weather takes a turn for the worse, and a blizzard cuts off the electricity and all contact with the outside world the guests settle in for the long haul. Soon, though, one of the guests turns up dead it looks like an accident. But when a second guest dies, they start to panic.  Something or someone is picking off the guests one by one. And there's nothing they can do but hunker down and hope they can survive.

I am now reading Goodbye, Paris!Cover image for Goodbye, Paris

That may be going back very soon.  I'm waiting for the story to begin.

After that I look forward to reading  Cover image for The immortalists [large print]

Happy reading!

Trusted Contributor

Just started Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. Don't have an opinion yet, only on page forty.

Frequent Contributor

Bathed in Prayer by Jan Karon.