Contributor

Re: ~What Are You Reading? JUNE 2019

I just read Mrs. Everything by Jennifer Weiner. It was a great book. It is about two sisters and their lives through the years. It is loosely based on the authors mother. Highly recommend.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline 

Shutter Island isn't a Kenzie and Gennaro book; it stands alone. The book is getting really strange, but interesting. Somehow I can't imagine Leonardo DiCaprio as the main character.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@Judaline 

Shutter Island isn't a Kenzie and Gennaro book; it stands alone. The book is getting really strange, but interesting. Somehow I can't imagine Leonardo DiCaprio as the main character.

Uh-oh, don't like him. I'll have to dream up someone else if I read it. (let me know if you liked it!)

Respected Contributor

The next Harry Bosch book on my list is The Brass Verdict.  Turns out it's really a Mickey Haller book.  I can't stand the character (mainly because of those inane commercials) so I think I'll skip it. I know Harry is in it, he just isn't the main character.

I'm almost finished with The Patron Saint of Liars (Ann Patchett's first book) and it's just ok.  The main character is vaguely unlikeable and there is no clear motivation for her actions.  Ann Patchett is hit or miss for me, but I'm looking forward to her new book coming out in September.  

I'm sort of reading My Lovely Wife (because of all the hype). Supposed to be some big twist coming.  I can hardly wait.

Honored Contributor

Finished STEP ON A CRACK, now starting RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, which is book#2 both by James Patterson. They are quick, easy reads.. Enjoyed the 1st book a lot!

Super Contributor

Almost finish Last time I saw Paris by Lynne Sheene.  Loving it.

Respected Contributor

I just finished Rooted in Deceit by Wendy Tyson.  It's the 4th book in her mystery series.  The main character is a lawyer from Chicago who moves back to her small hometown in PA to run the family farm.  I like the characters and the stories are good. 

Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Finished STEP ON A CRACK, now starting RUN FOR YOUR LIFE, which is book#2 both by James Patterson. They are quick, easy reads.. Enjoyed the 1st book a lot!

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I was so choked up about Maeve even though you saw it coming.

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

The next Harry Bosch book on my list is The Brass Verdict.  Turns out it's really a Mickey Haller book.  I can't stand the character (mainly because of those inane commercials) so I think I'll skip it. I know Harry is in it, he just isn't the main character.

Mickey's not my favorite either. I don't want a court room drama when I pick up a book. I have to be more selective in my Bosch books.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

I was so choked up about Maeve even though you saw it coming.

@icezeus . I know. I was too. They were so in love though and such good people!