Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~What Are You Reading? JUNE 2019

@ Judeline I appreciate the information about contacting certain people Didn't think to do that, thanks.

@ Lori Lori. I'm glad to suggest reading material for you. Let me know how you like the books when you have  a chance to read them.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw  glad I saw this and got the spot under it.

My nic is LoriLori stuck together (imaginative, right?  Lori is always taken and I made a hasty decision I've been stuck with for around 15 years!)  So if you @ me please put the LoriLori together or I won't see it.

Also, I ordered Small Gods and Equal Rites with some other stuff tonight.  I needed a pick-me-up.  You provided it.  Thanks!!!

Honored Contributor

My Lovely Wife, by Samantha Downing; HeartHeart

The Flatshare, by Beth O'Leary.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

@judy0330  Who is the author for The Flight Attendant?

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

@judy0330  Who is the author for The Flight Attendant?

@pprmntstx  I got Chris  Bohjalian when I googled.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished New Orleans Requiem by D. J. Donaldson, book 4 of the Broussard/Franklyn mystery series.  I thought the ending got a little too wordy, but it was a good book.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I just heard of a book published in April called: 

They Call Me the Cat Lady, by Amy Miller.  It's been compared to Eleanor Oliphant and Ove. And has great reviews.  Has anyone here read it? 

I'm definitely going to get it but have so many great books on the shelf calling to me:  read me, Lori...no, read me...read me, youll love me...but you promised you'd read me...me.. me...me!...

...so whoever reads it would love to know what you think.

Respected Contributor

Oh @LoriLori   you've done it again.  Sounds like a book I can't resist.   I may have to get it.  My library (of course) doesn't have it, but it's only $4.99 on Amazon.  Now that I see that, it looks like it's only available as an ebook.  Can that be right?

Honored Contributor

I really liked The Breathtaker by Alice Blanchard. (thanks @CareBears). It's about murders only during tornados-made to look like the tornado dunnit. It's a "whirling" ride and much info in it about tornados which passed right over my head. (slight pun, lol) A policeman with a troubled past is the protagonist. Didn't care for his personality but still liking the book a lot!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@smoky22 

@Judaline 

They Call Me the Cat Lady by Amy Miller is also available in paperback.  (I know because my bad-girl fingers ordered it hours after posting.)

I learned of it from a Goodreads friend with very similar taste to mine.

I should have said it's not about a cat hoarder; I would never read about that.

This one could build slowly, like Ove.

Or it could not, the way The Traveling Cat Chronicles was on the bestseller list in the UK for several years but didn't catch on here

Or it could take off like a rocket like Eleanor Oliphant did