Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? JUNE 2017

I started reading "The Perfect Girl"  by Gilly MacMillan" Tuesday night, so far I like it, anyone else read this?

Trusted Contributor

Just finished The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain.

Its a page turner, Book Buddies. I started it yesterday and finished it this morning. Couldn't put it down!

Honored Contributor

Miss Julia Weathers The Storm, by Ann B. Ross;

The Farmer's Market Mishap, by Wanda Brunstetter & Jean Burnstetter

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I started reading "The Perfect Girl"  by Gilly MacMillan" Tuesday night, so far I like it, anyone else read this?

Oh Yes @CareBears and loved it.  Good good book.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 I love Wanda Brunstetter & Jean Burnstetter books, oh boy I need to add to my Wish List again, it is getting so long I will never find time to read all the books in it, so many books so little time, LOL!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@beckyb1012 I love Wanda Brunstetter & Jean Burnstetter books, oh boy I need to add to my Wish List again, it is getting so long I will never find time to read all the books in it, so many books so little time, LOL!

I know I was so blessed when I found her but now I have to read only the newest releases since I have read all the library as by Wanda.  There are quite a few at that.  I get so confused since I keep at least 16 books checked out at a time and go to the library two to three times a week.  Just a couple of blocks from my office.  Mercy I do not know what I am going to do when I finally retire.  Their limit is 50 checkouts I may have to aim for that!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finished Perennials by Mandy Berman.  If you liked Summer camp, this book is for you.  I loved it and I never attended Summer camp. It was a quick read for me.

Onto Kiss Carlo by Adriana Trigiani, one of my favorite authors.  I know this book will take me more than my usual 4-8 days since it's huge!

Respected Contributor

I just finished Commonwealth by Ann Patchett.  It had some slow moments, but overall was a good book. 

Valued Contributor

Just read The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff.  I loved it!  Great story back and forth between two women who were trapeze artists in a circus back during the 2nd WWar. 

Esteemed Contributor

Just starting to read "The Second Mrs. Hockaday", from what I have read, the reviews are very favorable in regard to this book!