Respected Contributor

Re: ~~What Are You Reading? JULY 2017~~

I just finished an outstanding intense thriller; HERE AND GONE by HAYLEN BECK (pseudonym for author Stuart Neville). It's about a mother's relentless fight to get back her stolen children. The very last sentence at the end of chapter 5 will hit you right between the eyes & carry you quickly to the last page.  Very well written, a quick read & I highly recommend this book!  

Respected Contributor

Jim Fergus has a new book coming out in September.  I hope it is good.

The Vengeance of Mothers: The Journals of Margaret Kelly & Molly McGill: A Novel

One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd

Honored Contributor

@lovescats  I don't think lori lori will be buying this book. hahahaha It's a private joke because she hated One Thousand White Women. lori is recovering from surgery but I hope she reads this post-she could use some laughs. This is not to say others haven't liked this book because they have and that's why I read it. Meh!

Respected Contributor

I forgot to post that THE BREAKDOWN by B.A. Paris will be out 7/18/17.  Another winner I highly recommend.  

Respected Contributor

2 new audio books from the library came in today.  don't know which to start first.

Product DetailsProduct Details

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@lovescats  I don't think lori lori will be buying this book. hahahaha It's a private joke because she hated One Thousand White Women. lori is recovering from surgery but I hope she reads this post-she could use some laughs. This is not to say others haven't liked this book because they have and that's why I read it. Meh!

hi @Judaline -  please send Lori my best wishes for a speedy recovery!  I forgot that she didn't care for (hated???) One Thousand White Women. Thanks for letting me know that Jim Fergus is coming out with another book. I will definitely put it on my list!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Contributor

I am an avid reader.I enjoy mysteries, thrillers, historical fiction , and some science  fiction. Lately, I have been reading classic gothic novels by Daphne du Maurier and Victoria Holt, like "My Cousin Rachel", Jamaica Inn", Black Opal", etc. I  have had enough of the graphic violence, foul language, and terror scenarios that  are so prevalent in contemporary fiction. I guess I am trying to escape modern day stressors, Anyone else feel this way?

Honored Contributor

@sunala  Well, let's just say she was very adamant about her feelings for this book. I think it's allowed that we can 'hate' a book. Lord knows I've had my share. If lori didn't use this word, she was close-very close. I'll give her your regards Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Finished Patricia Yager Delagrange's Maddy's Phoenix.  It was fast reading and sort of an old fashioned book.

Going to read next an anthology by various women authors A Paris All Your Own:  Bestselling Women Writers on The City of Light.

Honored Contributor

Just finished and enjoyed...

Teammate: My Journey in Baseball and a World Series for the Ages 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.