Honored Contributor

Re: ~~What Are You Reading? JULY 2017~~

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN I just finished it last night, and it was a good book!  I was a little hesitant as it only received 3 stars on Amazon, I have no idea why, I really enjoyed it and called my friend and told her to add it to her wish list!

I enjoyed it too. I won it from Goodreads, and while It was a little tough in the beginning for me getting everyone straight, it moved along quickly and I thought was really good, my sister is reading it now and said so far so good! 

Esteemed Contributor

I just started "The Orphan's Tale" by Pam Jenoff, so far so good!

Trusted Contributor

hick,

same books that I just read over the last month!  Great minds think alike ...

Also just finished "Before We Were Yours".  I almost hate to say good story as it is based on actual facts.  

Now reading It's Always the Husband.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Before We Were Yours on hold at the library.  Hope my turn will come soon. Just finished Into the Water by Paula Hawkins. I did enjoy it more as I got into it and wasn't as confused with characters.  Ending was good.  I haven't read any of her other books such as Girl on the Train, but have watched the movie Gone Girl.  Like many of you,Into the Water is a book I have on hold, so I have to get it back to the library tomorrow. Now starting The Prisoner by Alex Berenson.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline

You are a better person than I am!  I make deals with myself - just one chapter then I will vacuum the living room, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne  That's a good way to go, too. I might do that with a book that I simply cannot stop reading. Also, when a book is long and dragging, I promise myself just 25 pages a night. I can do this.

Honored Contributor

Just finished Little Girl Gone by Gerry Schmitt. Gerry also writes the only cozy series that I read. Lauran Childs Tea Shoppe mysteries. It is a huge departure and I can't wait to read her other book in the series 

@beckyb1012 @CareBears

I just loaded At Home in Mitford - the 1st in the series by Jan Karon due to your high praise of the series. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey @beckyb1012 I hope you enjoy it as much as we do, welcome to the world of Mitford, where it feels like home!

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

Just finished Little Girl Gone by Gerry Schmitt. Gerry also writes the only cozy series that I read. Lauran Childs Tea Shoppe mysteries. It is a huge departure and I can't wait to read her other book in the series 

@beckyb1012 @CareBears

I just loaded At Home in Mitford - the 1st in the series by Jan Karon due to your high praise of the series. 

I started rereading last weekend on the cool down portion of my daily bike riding and I have thought of you every morning for the past week.  I hope you enjoy. @Yahooey 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Yahooey @beckyb1012 I hope you enjoy it as much as we do, welcome to the world of Mitford, where it feels like home!

@CareBears  I love the world at Mitford. Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."