Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~~What Are You Reading? JULY 2017~~

@bella-luna First of all GROAN, LOL!

I literally had a hard time putting it down in several areas, I learned so much about sharks and their instinct to survive over time, I can honestly say I have never been a fan of sharks (Jaws did me in) but after reading this book I have to admit I have a higher sense of respect for them, I still will never go into the ocean, but they are truly fascinating creatures!

And I commend the author for all the time it must have taken to research, take a glance  at the end to see how many sources he names as a tool for his facts, it had to have been a tedious task, but the end result was very impressive!

Enjoy!

Super Contributor

@CareBears  HAHA! Yeah, it was corny and lame, but I just couldn't resist! Ok, so see? I LOVE Jaws (the original) I have never read the book...what?! As a matter of fact, iIf you were to ask what my favorite movie is, I would probably say Jaws! I also LOVE sharks(ok, I pretty much love all creatures, but sharks are way up on the list)...I think they are amazing creatures. Weird, huh? Yep...that's me! 

Valued Contributor

@bella-luna

I'll save that book until I am certain that I will never do a beach vacation!!! Come to think of it, that might be soon!!!!!!  My sunspots are multiplying at an alarming rate, as it is!!!!

I watched a documentary about the increasing number of shark attacks on the northeast coast.  Pretty interesting!!!!

Super Contributor

@pateacher  Haha...yeah, I get that! I tell ya what, I'm getting my share of sunspots, too! So much so that I'm acutally trying to remember to wear sunscreen, just to go to Target! You know this book just spoke to me. It's got sharks, it occurs just after the Edwardian period and the setting is on the Jersey Shore! Plus...Shark Week is coming up next week on the Discovery Channel, lol! 

Respected Contributor

Close to Shore: The Terrifying Shark Attacks of 1916 by [Capuzzo, Michael]I read this a long time ago but I see today it is on sale for only 1.99 as an e book.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished reading Home Sweet Home, by April Smith. At first I didn't like it but as I read a bit more, I got very involved and then couldn't put it down. I'm so glad I didn't PTB on it. I gave it 4 stars, which for me is excellent.

I don't know what I'm going to start reading now. I have too many choices!

Happy reading!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Kiss Carlo, by Adriana Trigiani;

first time she has disappointed me with all her books

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I decided to read The New Neighbor by Leah Stewart. I'm enjoying it a lot! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Sadly, my British mystery summer has taken a back seat to the NY Times, the Washington Post, plus MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News websites. I have become a news junkie, which has taken me away from my favorite summer reading. Once I return to normal, I shall return to reading my favorite British authors.

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Kiss Carlo, by Adriana Trigiani;

first time she has disappointed me with all her books

Really?  I loved it because it was different from all of her others (man instead of woman) being the main character.