Respected Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? December 2018

Now I'm reading one or all of these (can't decide yet):

Immortal in Death

Once Upon a River

Mycroft Holmes

Honored Contributor

And now reading Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and the late Terry Pratchett again and it's as much fun as the very first time.  It's the funniest book I've ever read.  Can't wait for the Amazon series!

Honored Contributor

Shelley Noble, Beach Colors.....so far, I like it.  This book is from the library. 

I was reading Whisper Beach, by Noble, on my Nook.  I stopped reading that book to start Beach Colors since it  was from the library. The book came in sooner than expected.   Once done, I'll pick up my Nook again and continue with Whisper Beach.  I hope I remember what I read. LOL LOL 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

Just before Christmas I finished "The Storytellers Secret", written by Sejal Badani. Loved!

Started a cozy mystery yesterday, "Death By Rolling PIn" by Linda West. Nice to read a lighter story! pinky

Trusted Contributor

I was gifted Becoming by Michelle Obama.  I have barely started it but am so excited to read it.

Honored Contributor

The Dandelion Field, by Kathryn Springer;

Falling For You, by Becky Wade;

Master Of His Fate, by Barbara Taylor Bradford;

The Dying Of The Light, by Robert Goolrick.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I have spent the last week with very easy reading.

The Spicy Christmas Murder by Summer Prescott was a novella with the main character owning a hot sauce shop,  Nice and easy read.

The next on was The First Noel at the Villa Des Violettes  by Patricia Sands.  It is a new series that continues from her Love in Provence series.  Nice read with the best part being the descriptions of the areas in the south of France.  I felt that it was better than the last two books in the previous three-book series.

Last night, I finished Christmas at Lakeside Resort  by Susan Schild.  This was book one of the Lakeside Resort series.  The main character, Jenny, is a tutor, who, in her early forties, dislikes her job and thinks that she will never find that special person.  Her ex-fiance broke off the engagement, her landlord gave her 3 weeks to move, and she lives with her two rescue dogs and rescue horse.  Then, a surprise changes her life.  It was easy to get caught up in the renovations in property that she inherited. Easy reading.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@pinky annThe Storyteller’s Secret sounds good.  Thanks for posting.  LM

Valued Contributor

@LilysmomYou are welcome! Hope you love it if you read it. It's still on my mind today...The story is so different than any I've read, and there were great main characters that really had me not wanting to see the story end. I'm happy to recommend a book I loved. I just hope others that may read it will find it a book they love too! pinky

Trusted Contributor

My recent reads were "EGGS ON ICE" by Laura Childs (the latest in her Cackleberry Club mystery series) and "CATCH ME IF YUKON" by Maddy Hunter (the latest in her Passport to Peril mystery series.)  I have been so busy this month, that I have hardly had time to read.  Looking forward to lots more books in January!