Esteemed Contributor

What Are You Reading? December 2018

Happy December 2018.  Bring on the holiday reading if you can take a break from all your gift shopping!!

Welcome to all the new members of our group. 

Have a great month, and happy reading to all!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Valued Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading? December 2018

I'm reading "Evergreen Tidings From the Baumgartners". Highly recommended.

Valued Contributor

I am also reading or should I say listening  with Audible "EVERGREEN TIDINGS FROM THE BAUMGARTNERS" think it is just  the right reading this time of years.Just a book that will make you laugh at this hectic time of the year,and shows no family is perfect.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started Kingdom of the Blind by Louise Penny this morning.

What could be better during the holiday season than a return to Three Pines and all of Penny's unusual and endearing characters? Three Pines always reminds me of Christmas, regardless of the season.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I finished See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt.  It has a very gothic feel.  It is historical fiction.  Does the name Lizzie Borden ring a bell?  Look it up.  I would say the best thing about the book is the atmosphere the author creates.  It is not a happy story, so be aware of that.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I am reading I Do(n't) by Leddy Harper.  This is my first book fromt his author.  It's pretty good.  

Respected Contributor

Just finished House of Gold by Natasha Solomons.  I wanted to like this book so much but struggled through all 400 pages of it.  Jewish historical fiction is my go to but forget this one. 

Onto Weather Woman by Cai Emmons.  A much lighter read.

Esteemed Contributor

Diane Chamberlain - Pretending to Dance

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I am just starting Mary Higgins Clark/Alafair Burke's YOU DON'T OWN ME.  This will be a fast read - then on to Barbara Taylor Bradford's MASTER OF HIS FATE or Adrina Trigiana's TONY' WIFE. 

Esteemed Contributor

This week I read the following books: Step on a crack (Michael Bennett series) by James Patterson. Love..Love,Loved this book.. I was actually very choked up and almost crying towards the end.

I also finished Cause of Death by Patricia Cornwell. I thought that I was going to have to kick her to the curb as an author. Her books have just not been doing it for me lately but she reeled me back in with this one.

I spent the day shopping at the Outlets.  I am looking forward to kicking back, relaxing and reading Easy Prey by John Sanford