Valued Contributor

Re: ~~What Are You Reading? JULY 2017~~

@Judaline wrote:

@sunala 

Well, I'm ahead of you, sunny. I promised never to read another Goolrick book and when I picked up Heading Out to Wonderful  it was quite a while later and I didn't make the connection. I really liked this one!!! But it's against my priciples to read a second book by an author whose first book I hated. Too late! I did it. And enjoyed it. So maybe I'll bend that rule a little in future. Maybe.

I, too, enjoyed Heading Out to Wonderful more than A Reliable Wife

Right now, I am reading The Child by Fiona Barton. I chose this book because I enjoyed Barton's The Widow.

Respected Contributor

SILENT CHILD   Sarah Denzil

I FOUND YOU  Lisa Jewell

THE MILLIONARE'S WIFE  Shaline Boland

DEAD CERTAIN  Adam Mitzner

EVERY LAST LIE  Mary Kubica

THE CHILD  Fiona Barton

Honored Contributor

The Guests On South Battery, by Karen White;

My Daughter's Legacy, by Mindy Clark & Leslie Gould (bk. #3)

The Amish Bride of Ice Mountain, by Kelly Long (bk. #1)

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

sunala and lilysmom lori was happy to get your get well wishes and says thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

sunala and lilysmom lori was happy to get your get well wishes and says thank you.

hi @Judaline - thanks so much for sending my message to lori!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline Can you please send my greeting and well wishes for @LoriLori as well, sorry I have not been on much lately.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears  I'd be glad to.

Honored Contributor

CareBears wrote:

@Judaline Can you please send my greeting and well wishes for @LoriLori as well, sorry I have not been on much lately.

lori says thanks and says she'll be back! Good news.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am starting "Close To Shore" by Michael Capuzzo.  A couple of months ago I was watching REELZ TV and there was a show about the truth behind Jaws (the movie), so I watched it.

I had no idea that the shark killings were true life stories?  Although Hollywood sensationalized the movie, along the Jersey Shore the summer before World War I, a deadly shark seemed to be on a direct path to kill unsuspecting swimmers, and those that ignored the warnings often times paid with their lives.

I had posted a thread on these forums under TV and Movies, and someone had recommended that I read the above mentioned book.

After seeing ALL the Jaws movies I vowed to never step foot in the ocean and I have not since, after reading this book knowing that is is based on facts, I will probably never sleep again?

I am about 50 pages into this book and it is so much more than a shark book. If life had not gotten in my way this afternoon I would still be reading it (darn life). This book contains history around that time period, interesting facts about sharks, and I am finding it to be a learning experience as well as a good read, and the author is very talented in his descriptions, I can clearly form an image in my mind.

So glad that I am reading this book!

Trusted Contributor

Ah, I love Tuesdays, when all the new books come in at the library!  Today I picked up Daniel Silva's thriller "HOUSE OF SPIES", Linda Castillo's new Amish mystery, "DOWN A DARK ROAD" and David Rosenfelt's new Andy Carpenter mystery, "COLLARED."  (Note that "COLLARED" does not come out until 7/18, but somehow it was there waiting for me!).  I have lots of great reading to do!