Esteemed Contributor

Re: ~~What Are You Reading? JULY 2017~~

@dawg lover Thanks for letting me know about Murder Games, it will be a bit before I get it, now did he write this one by himself or was there another author, sorry I forgot to check?

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@dawg lover Thanks for letting me know about Murder Games, it will be a bit before I get it, now did he write this one by himself or was there another author, sorry I forgot to check?

He wrote it with Howard Roughan.

Valued Contributor

I am reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins. This is my first read of hers. I'm about halfway through and enjoying it, although I generally prefer books that tend to be about espionage and such. Her back and forth with the main characters confused me a bit at first, but now I think I have caught on.

Trusted Contributor

@smoky22 - reporting back to you about "THE RIGHT SIDE" by Spencer Quinn.  I finished it quickly, as it is not a long book.  I have mixed feelings about it.  The heroine of the book is an injured military veteran and the first half of the book is about her recovery and her PTSD.  It is a rough read, at times.  The second half of the book introduces the dog which helps with her recovery, and I liked this part of the book much better.  Overall, I'm not sure that I would recommend it, although if you can get it from the library, give it a try.  I wouldn't purchase it.

Contributor

Currently reading The Broken Road by Richard Paul Evans...fast read and good story.  Just finished The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick.  About a widow who finds his wife's charm bracelet which he has never seen before and goes on a journey to see if he figure out what each charm signifies and The All Girls Filling Station's Last Reunion by Fannie Flagg...a fun read and a neat story. Next book is Elin Hilderbrand The Identicals. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished (at 2:30 am) Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy.  It loved this book.  I was a little disappointed in the ending but that is just me.  This book just keeps making you turn the pages. 

When Liv and Nora decide to take their families on a holiday cruise, everyone is thrilled. The ship's comforts and possibilities seem infinite. The children--two eleven-year-olds, an eight-year-old, and a six-year-old--love the nonstop buffet and the independence they have at the Kids' Club. But when they all go ashore in beautiful Central America, a series of minor misfortunes leads the families farther and farther from the ship's safety. One minute the children are there, and the next they're gone.

I also recently read It's Always the Husband by Michele Campbell.  Two winners in a row.  This was a real page turner also.

"Kate, Aubrey, and Jenny. They first met as college roommates and soon became inseparable, even though they are as different as three women can be. Twenty years later, one of them is standing at the edge of a bridge, and someone else is urging them to jump. How did things come to this? As the novel cuts back and forth between their college years and their adult years, you see the exact reasons why these women love and hate each other--but can feelings that strong lead to murder? Or will everyone assume, as is often the case, that it's always the husband?"

Valued Contributor

Thanks for recommending "Karolina's Twins". I just put it on hold at our library. I LOVED "Once We Were Brothers".

Valued Contributor

I am finishing "Before We Were Yours".  It is so good, I don't want to finish it.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne I am about 1/2 through "Do Not Become Alarmed" and I agree I am enjoying it very much!

Regular Contributor

I loved Joyland and thought it was one of King's best!