Honored Contributor

Re: ~~What Are You Reading? JULY 2017~~

@beckyb1012 @CareBears

Thank you both for letting me visit Mitford. I finsihed the book and it did pick up halfway through. I totally understand why you love the series so and I may visit again in the future.

Next one up is N is for Noose by Sue Grafton - I'm late to the series. A lil murder to perk me along.

Honored Contributor

I just started The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware based on some of the reviews here.  It's the first of her novels for me and I'm hoping I've found a new author to enjoy!

Valued Contributor

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

I just started The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware based on some of the reviews here.  It's the first of her novels for me and I'm hoping I've found a new author to enjoy!

@GenXmuse

Hope that you enjoy the book; I did.  I'm now on my second Ruth Ware.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, BornToShop,

I just put this book on hold at my library.

Respected Contributor

I just finished The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley (Hannah Tinti) and can't say enough about it.  It's unpredictable, skillfully constructed, and beautifully written.  This book is like eating dessert, don't rush it, just enjoy the rich, complex layers. One of my favorite books this year.     

Now I'm on to Magpie Murders (Anthony Horowitz).

Respected Contributor

I just finished What We Find by Robyn Carr.  It's the 1st book in her Sullivan's Crossing series.  It was excellent and I'm hooked.  I've already requested the 2nd book from the library.  Great characters, takes place in rural Colorado. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@SWEET  OMgosh, you didn't know Julie London was a singer??? You must be reeeeeely young. Just 'Cry Me a River'!  I loved her. As an actress she wasn't bad, but as a singer, wow. What does she say about Jack Webb if I may ask?

@Judaline, just saw this response now.  Not sure why since I check this forum often.  Sorry for not responding sooner.  I'm 58 and guess I never followed her career or interested in her when I was watching her on Emergency.  I knew she was married both to Jack Webb and Bobby Troup.  She said that Jack was very abusive and basically was married to his career (that's how I interpreted it). 

Respected Contributor

Just finished Margaret Maron's Take Out.  A win from Hatchette books.

I've never read her books before and this is a part of a series. You don't have to read the others to quickly pick up on the recurring characters.

Take Out is such an appropriate title and I should have figured out why in the beginning but I'm a slow learner and probably why I don't figure out mysteries. It was a fast read and I liked it. 

Onto Sweet Spot (nf) by Amy Ettinger, another win from a contest I don't recall entering. LOL. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Spot-Cream-Across-America-ebook/dp/B01M8JRK9E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=15...

Trusted Contributor

I just finished some quick and easy summer reads.

I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool by Lisa Scottoline and her daughter Francesca Serritella.

Daughters of the Bride by Susan Mallery.

Wanna Get Lucky by Deborah Coonts, a cozy mystery that takes place in Las Vegas.

All were pretty enjoyable.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbalulu wrote:

I just finished some quick and easy summer reads.

I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool by Lisa Scottoline and her daughter Francesca Serritella.

Daughters of the Bride by Susan Mallery.

Wanna Get Lucky by Deborah Coonts, a cozy mystery that takes place in Las Vegas.

All were pretty enjoyable.

Loved Lisa Scottoline's I Need A Lifeguard Everywhere But The Pool and all of her other nf and most of her fiction. 

I think I read one or 2 of Deborah Coonts Lucky series.