Valued Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- August 2015

@SWEET wrote:

Onto Beatriz Williams' Tiny Little Thing which is also the sequel to The Secret Life of Violet Grant.  Another sequel to this coming out in November.

SWEET, thanks for the new title.  I had no idea that there was a sequel to The Secret Life of Violet Grant.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to whomever recommended Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Jill Mansell, thank you. I'm enjoying it a lot, even tho it's not my type of thing. All the characters are coming together a la' Maeve Binchy! Of course, not that good, never that good, but so good. It's a pleasure to get back to it.

Respected Contributor

The Pete Seeger biography I read is called How Can I Keep From Singing? It was written by David King Dunaway.

It was very informative, quite fascinating.

Respected Contributor

@lainey1 wrote:

This book thread is started on the first of each month.

Some suggestions for posting here:

~ underline, bold or CAPITALIZE the name of the book you're reading - it makes it easier for us readers to see what it is

~ include the author of the book - there are so many books with the same title (if you are recommending a book we want to make sure we read the right one!)

~ post a few words about the book - would you recommend it or not?

~ tell us the book genre - is it a mystery, romance, historical, biography, etc.

***There is no obligation to do any of the above!

As always, all posters are welcome here.

------------------------------------------------------
My goodness, it's August...hard to believe.

I'm reading The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson, recommended by several people on the board. So far I like it!

Happy reading all! lainey Heart

Just finishing up The Kind Worth Killing.  Great book!  Thanks for the heads up about it whomever posted it earlier in Aug. 

Contributor

I was reading <Outliners>, a really inspiring book.