Respected Contributor

Watchers by Dean Koontz. Have you read it?

I finally decided to read one of his books even though it wasn't free with my Amazon Unlimited.  I started it last night and am anxious to get back to it tonight. 

I highly recommend it and I wonder if you have read Watchers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Watchers by Dean Koontz. Have you read it?

I read about 15 of his books and Watchers but it's been a long time and don't remember what it's about -- you would have to refresh my memory.  He keeps your attention but after reading so many of this books, I had to move on.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I love this book but my all time favorite by Koontz is Twilight Eyes.  Give it a try!

Contributor

Yes, it is one of my favorites that he has written.  I loved the dog in the book and gave the same name to my dog.  They made a movie from the book and it was ok, but the book is the best.  Dean Koontz had a dog like the one in the book for many years.  He was frequently pictured on book jackets with his dog.  Enjoy!

Frequent Contributor

I loved that book, but sure felt sorry for the other dog...I wont say any more just in case someone here hasnt read it and wants fo.

Respected Contributor

@Mactective wrote:

I love this book but my all time favorite by Koontz is Twilight Eyes.  Give it a try!

Mactective, thanks for the suggestion of "Twilight Eyes."  I will definitely check it out.

I am about 50% through WATCHERS  and don't want to put it down.  It's so refreshing to read a book well written and well edited.  I have not found any grammar mistakes, which do annoy me when I am reading.

Contributor

One of my all time favorites.  It won't appeal to some, but I loved the story and the developement of characters, especially the dogs.  I re-read it at least twice a year. 

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.....Corrie ten Boom
Contributor

Kootie,

You are so right.  The other dog was so sad. 

Animal lover here.

Frequent Contributor

He is much more that an author, he is an excellent wordsmith.

Respected Contributor

Watchers is my all time favorite DK book.  2nd place goes to Strangers.

Have a bookcase full of his novels, but have become less interested in his newer stuff.

Denise