Esteemed Contributor

WHAT IS A TRUSTWORTHY SITE BESIDES THRIFTBOOKS.COM?

I really like Thriftbooks, but I am unable to find everything I want there.  Is there another good one that you can recommend?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT IS A TRUSTWORTHY SITE BESIDES THRIFTBOOKS.COM?

I buy used books on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Here are places online I have used a lot:  Alibris, Abes, Better World, Edward R Hamilton

They all have great service, at least I have never had any problems.  ERH sends catalogs all the time, too.  There is another one which sends catalogs -- Daedulus (SP) which sends catalogs.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1  Yes, I have also bought on Amazon.  They didn't have what I am looking for.  Thanks for answering. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1   Thanks for the list.  I will check them out later today.  I am enjoying mindless reading escapism with J.D. Robb's Death series.  I have read most of them, however there are a few that I haven't found.  I found all the Grisham books my husband needed on Thriftbooks, but I have exhausted their stock with what I want.  Their prices are less than the thriftshops around here, though  I have missed browsing them during this time "in house".  I had a pretty good stock to begin with.  Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

I have been ordering for over 10 years or more from AbeBooks.com.  I ordered all the Mitford Series from different sellers and some a very rare book "Thelma" that I had been looking for forever.  The author, Vera Caspary wrote "Laura" that was made into a move decades ago.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

I've found some great deals on used books on eBay.  Also, the website All Bookstores dot com compares prices for you on many online bookstores.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE Abe Books. It's shocking how many books there have free shipping.

Frequent Contributor

On eBay there is a seller called your_online_bookstore that does buy 2 get one free.

another seller is second.sale that had a similar savings and fast shipping.  I have also used better world books.  I have never had any problem with a book I bought off eBay- have always been surprised at how good the quality was and no problems receiving items quickly.  Much better to use eBay than amazon!

what Grisham do you need?  I may have them

Respected Contributor

I love BookBub!