Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SERIES?

@sTepH wrote:

I love the A Discovery of Witches series. I was so excited to learn (a few years back) that a TV series would be made from it, that I jumped back in and re-read it before it came out. 

@sTepH 

Who is the author?  

Respected Contributor

Anything by the late Anne Rule.

Esteemed Contributor

Heartland

Super Contributor

Sue Grafton’s Kinsey Millhone alphabet series is my #1; Tony Hillerman’s Navajo mysteries AND the movies made for TV; Melissa Miller’s Sasha McCandless series; Faye Kellerman’s LA detective/Orthodox Jewish sleuth wife - their names escape me at the moment - series is excellent; anything by Anne Rice (her books are impossible to put down, like a drug).

These are just off the top of my head. There are so many worthy, I am sure. You can’t go wrong with the ones I mentioned.
Honored Contributor

@catwoman48 wrote:
Sue Grafton’s Kinsey Millhone alphabet series is my #1; Tony Hillerman’s Navajo mysteries AND the movies made for TV; Melissa Miller’s Sasha McCandless series; Faye Kellerman’s LA detective/Orthodox Jewish sleuth wife - their names escape me at the moment - series is excellent; anything by Anne Rice (her books are impossible to put down, like a drug).

These are just off the top of my head. There are so many worthy, I am sure. You can’t go wrong with the ones I mentioned.

@catwoman48 

The Peter Decker series?  

Super Contributor

The Southern Sisters Mystery books from the mid-90's by Anne George (now deceased). There's 6 or 8 in the series. Quick reads that are clean, funny, and endearing.
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@sTepH wrote:

I love the A Discovery of Witches series. I was so excited to learn (a few years back) that a TV series would be made from it, that I jumped back in and re-read it before it came out. 

@sTepH 

Who is the author?  

@Tinkrbl44 

Deborah Harkness. I had to check to verify. I read the first book in the series, and it just did nothing for me, but a lot of readers seem to care for the series.