Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SERIES?

@Tinkrbl44 

I think there would be a long line of women wanting Ranger, me included.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Here is another series I haven't seen mentioned in previous threads and I am OBSESSED.  Author is Toby Neal and she has written several series.  The one I am currently reading is the Paradise or Wired Series and main character is Sophie Ang.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get them from my library and have spent more $$ than I want to but I'm hooked for sure!

It's Always Your Favorite Sins...that do you in
Kenny Chesney/Grace Potter
Honored Contributor

So many ....  just about all of them in the sci-fi / fantasy genre. 

Stephen Donaldson's "Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" are absolutely fabulous/

Piers Anthony's "Incarnations of Immortality"   (actually - all of Piers Anthony's  series)

Ann Rice's  Vampire  and Witch series.

Ransom Rigg's "Peculiar Children" series

Frank Herbert's "Dune" seres

and ..... Harry Potter, 

I recently "found" George R. R. Martin

Respected Contributor

The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman has been a fun series read, only two books out now, the third due in September.

All of the characters are immensely likeable which makes for a refreshing read with some humor mixed in with the murders.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recommend the historical mystery series (set in Regency England), featuring Viscount Devlin, Sebastian St. Cyr, by C S Harris. You must must must start with the first book and read in order. They can be a bit gross for example autopsy scenes and life in seamier side of London. The characters are interesting, well-researched, and there are about 17 books in the series with the story telling quality remaining good. She releases a new book usually every Spring.

For less dark stories and more humor try the John Pickett Series by Sherri Cobb South. Also historical mysteries/romance set in England. Her Weaver trilogy is hilarious but not a true mystery, more romance.

And for a cozy mystery recommendation try the Cornish series by Carola Dunn

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@raleighroo wrote:

Here is another series I haven't seen mentioned in previous threads and I am OBSESSED.  Author is Toby Neal and she has written several series.  The one I am currently reading is the Paradise or Wired Series and main character is Sophie Ang.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get them from my library and have spent more $$ than I want to but I'm hooked for sure!

@raleighroo 

Just looked up Toby Neal on Fantastic Fiction and looks interesting.  Thanks!

I just want to say that I also have not had great luck with local libraries.  So,  I search for series novels on Ebay, and can usually get a paperback (hate HC books) in Good condition for about $5 each, free shipping.  Half the price of a movie theater ticket! 

After reading, I donate the books and send them back into the system for local charities.   

Honored Contributor

@WRXtoo wrote:

Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache mysteries  They are more than mysteries and if you haven't read them, you need to try one (in order, of course Smiley Happy).  I've read them over and over, and would love to live in Three Pines and be friends with the characters there!  

@WRXtoo 

I ordered the first book ... it's going to be a long hot summer and I really need a new series to read.  Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I would like to add Karin Slaughter and James Lee Burke as two,authors that have series out.  They are both excellent.  LM

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Couldn't find anything on Ladybug farm ... who is the author of this?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

This series is by Donna Ball.  Wonderful!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin