Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~~ SEPTEMBER 2018

Despite my mid-month reading slump, I finished the month strong. I managed to read:

The Governess Game by Tessa Dare - book 2 in a historical romance series. I really like Dare's writing. The dialogue is quick and witty. I really enjoyed this one!

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris - This was another quick read, but packed with emotion, based on a interviews with the protagonist of the story. I have found myself reading a lot of WW2 fiction lately and this one was a strong addition to my growing "keep these books" pile.

Projekt 1065 by Alan Gratz - a middle greade WW2 book based on a family of spies living in Nazi Germany. Alan Gratz is quickly proving to be an author I can't miss. Even though he writes for a younger audience, his books are definitely multi-generational and will spark all kinds of interesting dinner conversations.

Ghosted by Rosie Walsh - contemporary fiction about a relationship with secrets. This one was just ok for me...

Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber - this is one that I reviewed for NetGalley. It is intended as a gift book for the holiday season, I think, as it is really quick and not very well developed. It was a cute story, but I just didn't connect.

PS I Still Love You (book #2) and Always and Forever, Lara Jean (book #3) by Jenny Han - Young Adult romance at its finest! Plus, the movie on Netflix was excellent so I just had to finish the series.

Cravings: Hungry for More by Chrissy Teigen - She is so funny and the recipes are top-notch!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~~ SEPTEMBER 2018

Hi my friends, this September thread is now closed.

Please start posting on our new October thread!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett