Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~~ SEPTEMBER 2018

@Sooner wrote:

Just read The Other Woman by Daniel Silva.  Good read!

@Sooner- I have to check my list to see if I read this book. There are so many books with similar titles to this, it's difficult to remember all of them. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I finished Pieces of Hera stand alone book by Karin Slaighter.  I didn’t think it was as good as others by her I have read but it might just be me.  LM

Regular Contributor

I'm reading EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica.  I love her books and so far this one is not a disappointment.  Phychological thriller -- my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline - thanks for your recommendation of Margaret Mizushima's Timber Creek K-9 mystery series.  I have read the first three books, and each one gets better and better!  Just wanted you to know that book 4 comes out on September 11th.  And, in case you haven't read books 2 and 3, no doggie deaths!  (I know that is very important to you.)

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner  I have this book on waitlist but I've only read one other book by him.  Will I be able to read this book if I haven't read all of the others? 

Honored Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner  I have this book on waitlist but I've only read one other book by him.  Will I be able to read this book if I haven't read all of the others? 

@smoky22  Yes you will!  I don't think it will be a problem.  Also there is online information on his page on Amazon and in other places for quick reviews of the series.  I thought this was a good one!

Respected Contributor

I finished Last Ride To Graceland (Kim Wright).  It was imaginative and charming, a road trip of self discovery with a little Elvis lore thrown in.  I thought it had a lot of heart and soul and I thoroughly enjoyed it. An unexpected gem!    

Then I read The Bankers Wife (Cristina Alger), another unexpected pleasant surprise.  It's a smart and sophisticated book about international money laundering told from the point of view of three different women.  And no whimpering females here.  They were all strong believable characters.  It was really a good book, although a little too neatly wrapped up at the end.         

Trusted Contributor

After Anna by Lisa Scottoline

Not one of my favorites but I had to read it to see if my predictions were right! Close.

Honored Contributor

@judaline, you asked in the August thread if I found Britt-Marie and Eleanor Oliphant have things in common (can't remember what word you used) and this is my third post (deleted the other two) and I realize it's a hard question.  I'm not sure.  .I much prefer the character of Britt-Marie yet I prefer Eleanor's book.  Not sure if that makes sense. 

What do you think and anyone else, please chime in. 

It's an interesting question.  Might be a good question for a book club, read both books and then discuss, but what do I know, I've never been in a book club.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished The Outsider by Stephen King and enjoyed it very much. He is one of the few authors that grabs me right from the first page. As others have mentioned, it is a bit long, but even when he goes off on tangents or into minute details they are usually so well written or interesting that you don't mind the detour. It's just that Mr. King seems to like to hear himself write and I don't mind because I enjoy the journey. I think another thing I like about his books is that the bad guys usually get what's coming to them and good triumphs over evil. Simplistic perhaps but I like to see good win out-as sometimes that just does not happen in real life.

@smoky22so glad you liked Last Ride to Graceland.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx