Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? OCTOBER 2019

@teganslaw wrote:

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. It's 1922 and Count Alexander Rostov is sentenced to house arrest for being a "unrepentent aristocrat" during the Bolshevik tribunal.  His living area is a small attic room, and the story describes how he adjusts to this and to the events unfolding around him. 

This is a very good book. The author has wonderful descriptions and introduces a cast of interesting characters throughout the novel. I see why this book was given so many great reviews. Highly recommended.

Again!! I'm in the minority on this book.  Read about 50 pages and gave up.  Boring!

Highlighted
Contributor

Just finished Evvie Drake Starts Over.....cute.

Contributor

I've been into Lisa Scottalini recently.  Reading Daddy's Girl now.

Contributor

That was one of the oddest books I've ever read.

Trusted Contributor

@Catty2, I've read all of her books except for Summer of 69" (on waitlist) and I really enjoyed them all!!!📖
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 

I too loved this book for many reasons and have commented at least twice before.  

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies,

I'm slowly getting back into reading and learning to use the library in my new hometown.  It's a lovely library, but I'm not crazy about the way they've set up the books.  Think I can give them a few of my ideas??Woman Very Happy

I just finished reading The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth.  It was okay, not great.  Thank goodness the chapters were short as it was putting me to sleep!  I also read her previous book The Mother-In-Law.

Cover image for The family next door [text (large print)]

I just picked up:

Cover image for Meet me in Monaco : a novel of Grace Kelly's royal wedding

It sounds like it's a true story based on Grace Kelly.  I'll start reading it tonite.  

Waiting for pickup, and my next read, is:

Cover image for Home for erring and outcast girls : a novel

I better get moving!

Happy reading!

Trusted Contributor

I loved Meet Me in Monaco.  Yes, it is about Grave Kelly's marriage and about how she ran into a lady's parfum store after being chased by paparazzi.  It is really good.  I enjoyed it.

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Neighborhood by Erina Bridget Ring in one day.  I cannot tell you the last time I read a book in one day!

A funny fast read about a crazy neighborhood with a lot of crazy people living there.

Esteemed Contributor

I started Never Have I Ever by Joshilyn Jackson and am having a difficult time getting into it. The book moves too slowly and the characters aren't  interesting. Maybe it gets better, but if it it doesn't improve soon, I'll give up. I thought it would be a thriller, but so far is disappointing. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain