Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? OCTOBER 2018

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN Hubby went to Urgent Care last night as his eye was burning so bad he could no longer take the pain.  He does have Pink Eye, along with a viral infection that is affecting his eye, this morning it is so swelled up he can barely open it.  So because of this co-worker he is missing time from work, has an Urgent Care bill, and a pharmacy bill for two prescriptions, thanks a lot guy, NOT!

But back to reading last night I read a chapter of Caught In Time by Julie McElwain, the chapter I read deals with time travel, what the whole book is about, who knowa I had it in my request list at the library for so long, I forget what the book is about.  New author for me, so far I like the book!

@CareBears. OMG/.That is horrible about your husband. Your eyes are nothing to mess with. Good thing he went in right away. I would be so livid at thtat co-worker.....He probably was out of sick time, so he came to work sick and infected everyone else.So rude! Glad you are enjoying your book.

I LOVE The Au Pair-it is really really good, I can't wait to pick it back up again! Will post a review when I am finished!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I just finished Wined and Died, the latest book in the Stranded in Provence mystery series by Susan Kiernan-Lewis.  If anyone has started this series, and it needs to be read in order, this book will just blow you away.  I never saw the ending coming.

How I love the titles of some of these books!

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom, I have this book in my TBR pile.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus, I read The Cuban Affair.  If you asked me the storyline, I couldn’t give it to you but I do remember I enjoyed it.  Happy reading.  LM

Respected Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I am finishing up Private, by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro.

Tomorrow, I will start The Cuban Affair, by Nelson Demille. 

@icezeus, I am a huge DeMille fan; loved THE CUBAN AFFAIR .  Please  report back after you have read it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Terri Blackstocks mysteries, but this is her new one. I think I'll order it just for a change........................

Don't Miss it!
I just wanted to drop you a note to let you know about my new book that releases Tuesday, October 9. CATCHING CHRISTMAS has been rattling around in my mind for the past few years since a real life event planted a seed in my imagination. I was sitting in the waiting room at a hospital, waiting for a doctor's appointment, when a man pushed in an elderly woman in a wheelchair. She was delightful and kept commenting loudly on those around her, so she got everyone's attention. But it soon became clear that she had dementia. The man checked her in, then parked her next to me. He leaned over and handed her his business card. "Call me when you're finished, and I'll come get you," he said.

I looked at him, disgusted, and said, "You aren't leaving her here alone, are you?"

He said, "Lady, I'm just the cab driver."

My indignation disappeared, and I wondered what would make a family member send a sick patient with dementia off to the doctor with just a cab driver. The thought wouldn't leave me. First, I felt terrible for her. But I also felt the frustration of the driver. He didn't look like the nurturing type, so what must it have been like to get the call to pick her up? And how would her delightful and funny personality cut through his own frustration? What if she kept calling him, and wanted to set him up with her granddaughter? What if being trapped into caring for her changed his life?

Eventually, I surrendered to this story, and wrote it as a Christmas novel. It's not the kind of book I usually write, but I had so much fun writing it. It's a funny, feel-good romance that will hopefully make you think differently about the people around you who may be lonely during the holidays, and remind you that the God of Christmas has a unique and loving plan for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know that Terri Blackstock had  a new book coming out. That will be on "to read" list. Thanks for the information. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Glass Ocean, by Beatriz Williams, Lauren Willig, Karen White.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Death, Taxes, and a French Manicure by Diane Kelly

Cozy mystery, first in the series, easy read. More than likely I'll read the others. Tara Holloway is main character and criminal investigator for the IRS. 

"Death, Taxes, and" are the first words of each title. You know what is said about death and taxes?!

Trusted Contributor

I'm reading a wonderful Western Romance by Jodi Thomas, The Texan's Wager.  This is the first in her Wife Lottery trilogy.  Bailee and two other women are left behind by the wagon train they were on.  They decide to head for Texas and arrive in a town where the sheriff is having a wife lottery.  They enter their names, and Bailee ends up with a strong, but silent farmer.  She's patient with her new husband because she senses there is something more to this quiet man and his past.  Heart