Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? OCTOBER 2018

@abbalulu Wow, I feel so loved, move people noticed my absence here than in my own family, it should confirm a lot of unanswered questions for me!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN Thank you!  The guy who infected my husband also infected 7 other people, and to make matters worse, he also brought Pink Eye to work and has infected 2 people, he refused to go home!

@CareBears.That is awful. I get so mad when co workers are at work sick coughing, and sneezing all over. We work in an Open Concept too, so very hard to ignore. That is so selfish......I hope you feel back to your normal self soon! Hubby too! 

Honored Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Just finished The Indigo Girl and am about 2/3 of the way through Masie Dobbs #5, An Incomplete Revenge by Jacqueline Winspear.  Love the Maisie Dobbs series! On waitlist for new Karen White and for Before We Were Yours.

katiescarlett, your last name wouldn't begin with an O, would it?

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@abbalulu Wow, I feel so loved, move people noticed my absence here than in my own family, it should confirm a lot of unanswered questions for me!

Add me to your fan list, @CareBears. I was just going to ask here if anyone has heard from you! Thanks for not coming on and spreading your germs and hope you're feeling tip top soon.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears, hope you know I'm a member of your fan club.  If there were dues I would pay them.  You bring so much to this thread beyond books.  So sorry for what you've been going through.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata.  

Esteemed Contributor

@danielsl wrote:

Just finished THE LIFE WE BURY by Allen Eskens.  A little different than what I usually read - but I'm glad I did!

@danielsl- I loved The Life we Bury! And he wrote another book (I don't think it's a sequel) but it has a few of the same characters. I look forward to reading it.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Today I finished reading The Coordinates of Loss by Amanda Prowse. I received it free from netgalley. I really enjoyed it although the subject matter is the death of a child.

I haven't decided what to start next. I have quite a selection but many of the books are going to be due very soon. I'm not sure what type of book I'm in the mood for. We'll have to wait and see...

Esteemed Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@smoky22 - I finished "Lethal White" a few days ago, and enjoyed it.  But the interaction of Strike, Robin, and Matthew was more interesting to me than solving the mystery.  It could have been a little shorter, but it held my interest through 650 pages.

@sunala - I finished Laura Levine's new book, "Death of a Neighborhood Scrooge" and really liked it.  It's definitely one of her better books; some very funny lines in there.  I know you are a fan of hers as well.

I am off to the library today to pick up "GLITTER BOMB" by Laura Childs, the latest book in her New Orleans crafting cozy mystery series, plus M. C. Beaton's new Agatha Raisin book, "THE DEAD RINGER."

@dawg lover- thanks for letting me know! Did you enjoy it? I am behind in a few of Laura's books. I have to get back to them because they always made me feel so happy. I love the adventures of Jaine and Prozac, and her parents!

Respected Contributor

@CareBears  Hope you feel better soon.  We've missed you!