Regular Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? OCTOBER 2018

I just finished In Pieces by Sally Field. Interesting and an insight to her life, childhood abuse, & her career, & her Mother.

Respected Contributor

I'm currently halfway through Dracula, by Bram Stoker. I've read it before, but this time I've found an Audible version that has a complete cast with each person reading the letters/diary entries of his or her character. I got it because Alan Cumming reads the part of Doctor Seward and I just love him.

I recently finished Stillhouse Lake, by Rachel Caine. I started it at lunch time and really enjoyed the beginning. I got home and picked it up again before bed and couldn't put it down - so I read until I finished it at 2:00am.

Respected Contributor

I just finished an ARC called NOVEMBER ROAD by LOU BERNEY.  I say I don’t generally read historical fiction, however I highly recommen this book!  This author entwines a bit of thriller, history & a compelling love story.  I have never read this author before, but rest assured, I will be seeking out more by this author.  I believe it is available 10/9/18.  

E802D15E-22F3-45C2-962F-BD006D816CCF.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I finished L.A. Dead, by Stuart Woods last night.

I have started Private, by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro.

Respected Contributor

I've almost finished Red War by Kyle Mills, a Mitch Rapp novel.

Respected Contributor

I finished End Game (David Baldacci) the last book in the Will Robie series.  I thought it was disappointing (2 stars).  

I also read Something in the Water (Catherine Steadman), which I think was supposed to be a thriller.  I found some of it funny and actually laughed at several of the plot developments (I think that was unintentional).  But it was so entertaining I gave it 4 stars.

I'm still reading Lethal White.         

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  I often get so involved in a book and want to know the ending that I stay up til 2 and 3 a.m. also.  As long as I can keep my eyes open!

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop  Thanks for the suggestion.  I just placed this book on reserve at the library.  Sounds like it is just up my alley and I was not familiar with this author, so more books to read!

Respected Contributor

I'm reading Tip of the Iceberg, My 3,000-Mile Journey Around Wild Alaska, the Last Great American Frontier, by Mark Adams.  The author sets out to retrace an 1899 expedition by railroad magnate Edward H. Harriman.  The author goes into a lot of history about the original expedition.  I'm about halfway through and it's a little slow at times but I have an interest in Alaska so will continue with it. 

Honored Contributor

Josha and Hazel's guide to not dating, by Christina Lauren.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."