Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? OCTOBER 2017

THE RESIDENCE: INSIDE THE PRIVATE WORLD OF THE WHITE HOUSE by Kate Andersen Brower.  

Very interesting book.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@dawg lover  Don't you just love Bob, Morelli's dog? Hahaha He makes me laugh.

I do love Bob!  He eats everything! 

Frequent Contributor

I finished The Cuban Affair but it was disappointing. Now I am reading Radiant Angel by DeMille. This is the only DeMille book that I have not yet read. It's part of the John Corey series, which I have always enjoyed. I hope this one is good!

Dogs are not my whole life, but they make my life whole.”
Esteemed Contributor

I'm reading Never Caught by Erica Armstrong Dunbar.  It's about an enslaved girl  "owned" by George and Martha Washington.  She escaped her slave life..it's really interesting and full of history.  I'm not very far into it but I'm really interested in all the facts and history of this time in our country.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Regular Contributor

Just finished THE LATE SHOW by Michael Connelly, a political thriller and am presently reading SLEEPING BEAUTIES by Stephen & Owen King plus am re-reading for the 3rd time----and I NEVER  re-read books except for this one--TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee.  Have loved that book since grade school.

Respected Contributor

Finished Kristy Woodson Harvey's Slightly South of Simple.  A great family book.  Can't wait for the sequel.

Onto Crime and Nourishment by Miranda Sweet which I received as a beta book.  I usually like to read books without taking notes but in this case I have to.  I usually end up proofing ARC's when I'm reading anyway.  Smiley Very Happy 

Contributor

The Lying Game; The Marriage Pact

Just finished the Lying Game by Ruth Ware and I would not recommend it.  I found it very easy to put down and I did not like the characters.  I enjoyed her book In a Dark Dark Wood but at this time I don't think I will read any further books she writes.  I am enjoying the Marriage Pact.  This is really holding my interest, different than the usual mysteries I read.  I am only 30% through the book but I always look forward to picking it up.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I started Before We Were Yours, by Lisa Wingate. I'm enjoying it so much, and it's very hard to put down.

I'm still confused about the connection between 1939 and today, but I'm sure it will all come together at some point.

Loving it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

The Address, by Fiona Davis

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Re: The Lying Game; The Marriage Pact

@MeemaJoan wrote:

Just finished the Lying Game by Ruth Ware and I would not recommend it.  I found it very easy to put down and I did not like the characters.  I enjoyed her book In a Dark Dark Wood but at this time I don't think I will read any further books she writes.  I am enjoying the Marriage Pact.  This is really holding my interest, different than the usual mysteries I read.  I am only 30% through the book but I always look forward to picking it up.

@MeemaJoan My sister in law just finished The Lying Game, and she said I am not even going to passit down to you, because it is not a good book. She said she forced herself to read it every day until she finished it, but she said it was horrible, and too many characters and none of them likeable......That is really too bad, because In a Dark Dark Wood was rather good.........I have yet to read her other book The Woman in Cabin 10.