[ Edited ]

The Brewmaster of Minnesota by J. Ryan  Stradal

This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger

The Paris Orphan by Natasha Lester

The Oysterville Sewing Circle by Susan Wiggs

Enjoyed them all.

Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? NOVEMBER 2019

Has anyone read the NINETH  HOUSE, I could not get into it,so glad I did the kindle sample.

Respected Contributor

Unusual read for me, but I just read a YA (Young Adult-really Teen) novel: With Malice by Eileen Cook.  I liked it more than I thought I would.  Of course there is the typical teen angst, but the storyline is pretty good.  Some bad language though, so if that offends you, just be aware that it is in there.

Esteemed Contributor

@number one queen wrote:

Has anyone read the NINETH  HOUSE, I could not get into it,so glad I did the kindle sample.

I listened on Audible and I liked it well enough. Liked some characters, but the story was definitely a little out there.  Not for everyone and I can't recommend because of some things that happen in it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I pulled the plug on Fountains Of Silence, it was due back before I could finish.

Yesterday I finished The Gifted School by Bruce Holsinger, not really certain about my thoughts on this book,

Next up, Ice Cold Heart, by P.J. Tracy it is based in MN so I had to read, will post my review when I finish!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished Elevator Pitch by Linwood Barclay. It was great, and what made it even scarier is that it certainly could happen, in NYC or any city around the world.

Someone is sabotaging elevators in NYC, causing them to drop to the bottom of the elevator shaft, as well as doing strange things. People are afraid to use elevators to their workplace and their apartments, causing mass panic.

Great ending!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala  the idea of "Elevator Pitch" is so terrifying to me I can't even read it!

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@sunala  the idea of "Elevator Pitch" is so terrifying to me I can't even read it!

@LoriLori- I know! It was really scary, but I read it anyway lolol

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

I just finished Elevator Pitch by Linwood Barclay. It was great, and what made it even scarier is that it certainly could happen, in NYC or any city around the world.

Someone is sabotaging elevators in NYC, causing them to drop to the bottom of the elevator shaft, as well as doing strange things. People are afraid to use elevators to their workplace and their apartments, causing mass panic.

Great ending!

I have this one on my list!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

Just finished The Good Neighborhood by Therese Ann Fowler.  Quite a book.  She has written 2 historical novels and this is her first contemporary.  I loved it and cried at the end.

Onto The Patient by Steena Homes. 

@SWEET . I just finished The Good Neighborhood as well, the ending is just too much isn't it? It is a book that makes you think about it long after you finish reading......It was really good.