Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? NOVEMBER 2019

I'm reading one of the funniest books I've ever read and very clever satire, like 1984 mixed with Monty Python, and I'll post about it closer to publication. 

Also "The Carrow Haunt," a leftover haunted-house Halloween read which is pretty good.

I read the most adorable children's book, "Six-Dinner Sid," about a cat who is being cared for by six families.  He eats six dinners, sleeps in six beds, gets scratched in six places...until he's busted!

For little kids and grandkids and big kid cat lovers, this book is so adorable and the illustrations, by the author, are lovely.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am reading The Power Of Now by Eckhart Tolle. It is so mentally and spiritually jam packed, that I can only read a little at a time, because it is overwhelming for me. I do enjoy the subject matter, but it is so intense.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@smoky22 @LoriLori , loved Miracle Creek and Force of Nature. 

I saw the Choice Awards list but hadn't stopped to check it out until now.  Thanks for posting @LoriLori .  Some good reading there.  My library lists grows which is a good thing as winter comes knocking.  LM

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

I'm reading one of the funniest books I've ever read and very clever satire, like 1984 mixed with Monty Python, and I'll post about it closer to publication. 

Also "The Carrow Haunt," a leftover haunted-house Halloween read which is pretty good.

I read the most adorable children's book, "Six-Dinner Sid," about a cat who is being cared for by six families.  He eats six dinners, sleeps in six beds, gets scratched in six places...until he's busted!

For little kids and grandkids and big kid cat lovers, this book is so adorable and the illustrations, by the author, are lovely.  

Hi Lori! Six Dinner Sid sounds hilarious! What a clever bugger he must be. If I were a cat I'd do the same thing! 

Glad to see you up and at 'em!

Trusted Contributor

Just finished The Institute by Stephen King. KIng is one of my favorite storytellers so I enjoyed this book immensely.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Respected Contributor

Today I finished The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman.  When the father Nina Hill never knew existed suddenly dies, she finds out she has sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews.  Her father has written her in his will.  They all live close by and are excited to meet her.  She likes her solitude and is horrified as she suffers from anxiety.  She starts to develop relationships with some of her siblings.  Others think she is in it for the money.  It's an interesting story which had me laughing out loud and even crying a few times.  The immediate connection she has with her 10-year old half sister is very sweet.  I highly recommend this book.      

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Today I finished The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman.  When the father Nina Hill never knew existed suddenly dies, she finds out she has sisters, brothers, nieces and nephews.  Her father has written her in his will.  They all live close by and are excited to meet her.  She likes her solitude and is horrified as she suffers from anxiety.  She starts to develop relationships with some of her siblings.  Others think she is in it for the money.  It's an interesting story which had me laughing out loud and even crying a few times.  The immediate connection she has with her 10-year old half sister is very sweet.  I highly recommend this book.      

@Catty2, I loved her other books if you haven't read them yet.  I need to read this one.

Respected Contributor

Just finished The Good Neighborhood by Therese Ann Fowler.  Quite a book.  She has written 2 historical novels and this is her first contemporary.  I loved it and cried at the end.

Onto The Patient by Steena Homes. 

Respected Contributor

@SWEET 

I've read all of her books and loved them all.  I hope she will have more coming out soon. 

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

@SWEET 

I've read all of her books and loved them all.  I hope she will have more coming out soon. 

I won the first 2 from Goodreads.  I found that her first one was better than her 2nd but not by much.  LOL