Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? NOVEMBER 2019

I recently finished Ice Trap by Kitty Sewell.  Surgeon Dafydd Woodruff's life is about to be blown apart by the arrival of shocking news.  From deep in the Arctic wilderness of Canada, where he lived and worked fifteen years earlier, he's told he fathered twins.  He knows it can't be true.  This is a suspense story as he travels back to the frozen North where he tries to unravel the facts.  I enjoyed this book and the characters very much. 

Honored Contributor

The Orion Mystery - by Robert Bauval & Adrian Gilbert

Contributor

Cilka's Journey was wonderful!

Trusted Contributor

@Corr
Trusted Contributor

@Catty2, this one sounds really good! I just put a request into my library and am looking forward to reading it! I love suspense novels.📖
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

ONE GOOD DEED-I did read it and I liked it.  It was rather different for a Baldacci book.  I thought he captured the culture in the USA post WW II and in the late 1940s.  Something I appreciate about Baldacci is that he keeps the language clean.  I think the worst language in the entire book, was "Oh, hell." 

Wow, you really threw me with this. Years ago, years! my cousin recommended Baldacci to me. I went and got the first book I saw (no recollection of the title) and on the VERY FIRST PAGE was the F word. I figured that's just the way he writes and it's going to be in the whole book so I stopped reading right then. He sure went on to fame and fortune so I guessed it didn't bother anybody but me.

While I was reading One Good Deed a couple of months ago I had to keep checking that David's name was on the cover.  Great book and not like his usual works.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@smoky22 - thanks for your recommendation of Riley Sager's thriller "LOCK EVERY DOOR."  It was really good, and I was surprised by the twist as well!

Now I am starting "THE CHESTNUT MAN" by Soren Sveistrup which was mentioned on a previous month's thread.  I am excited to read this mystery, as it is set in Copenhagen, which I visited a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

I just finished THE OTHER MRS MILLER, it was good! I enjoyed it.

I am now starting THE LAST TIME I LIED, by Riley Sager-has good reviews!

Will post once I have finished. 

Contributor

Finally reading Rebecca by Daphnie Du Maurier.  Seemed like the perfect long read for October.  Really enjoying it so far!  Creepy!

Honored Contributor

@Starlagirl wrote:

Finally reading Rebecca by Daphnie Du Maurier.  Seemed like the perfect long read for October.  Really enjoying it so far!  Creepy!

@Starlagirl  Fantastic book!