Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? NOVEMBER 2019

@CareBears wrote:

@NAES1  i am doing OK, just reading and reading, and watching Christmas movies which always make me cry, I wish real life was neatly tied up in a bow with happy endings, but NO I have to dream about it, because my life is pitiful!

I'm sorry, @CareBears

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline  I am just really tired of everyone judging me, without knowing the facts on my reactions to certain things that have happened to me in my life, sorry I have become very depressed lately, thank heaven for books, I can escape out of this harsh world!

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears, I also use books/reading as an "escape" from real life, which can be miserable at times! Guess we just have to try and stay strong and keep pushing through each day. I do like to hear about people with "happy" lives as it gives me hope for the future (and maybe in my next life, LOL). Hang in there!!
Trusted Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Judaline  I am just really tired of everyone judging me, without knowing the facts on my reactions to certain things that have happened to me in my life, sorry I have become very depressed lately, thank heaven for books, I can escape out of this harsh world!

@CareBears  Hugs to you. Books are a great escape. Plus you have lots of friends here on the book forum.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@abbalulu @hooked on books  Thank you for your kindness something I have not seen in quite some time unfortunately!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

Isn't that the truth! I know you read a lot and I would, too but I only read in bed at night and I often fall asleep so I don't get that many books in - not like I used to. But books are so uplifting, aren't they?  I just love to read. I'm glad we have that in common!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

Isn't that the truth! I know you read a lot and I would, too but I only read in bed at night and I often fall asleep so I don't get that many books in - not like I used to. But books are so uplifting, aren't they?  I just love to read. I'm glad we have that in common!

~~~~~~ @Judaline , @abbalulu , 

@hooked on books , @sunala ..... 

Thank each of you for kind understanding support to @CareBears -also to Becky/ book club.

How sweet is she...~Smiley Happy~ and Sunala.

I have known CareBears, about two years.

Yes, I think that's how long, wouldn't you say, CareBears?

If I'm not mistaken, I asked her to come over to a former thread I found interesting with only 1 special poster, then CareBears left due to her druthers, and I actually lost information when she was under the weather...trying to find a pcp. I lost interest with the other, too. 

CareBears left and so did I.  BUT! I searched to find her (she was not feeling well- I was concerned), but she answered back from the Book Club...what a huge difference from that thread to here.  

She's one great and interesting lady, and I can truly understand her love for books.

I found 'CARE' had always posted interesting facts and I definitely missed her insightful information.. 

She, as many here, find no lull in reading activity, as I do with my art, Calligraphy show sign - free lance writing and medical research, not ever to forget my interest of movies with @Oznell 's  posting, especially the film noir selections and many of the 30s & 40s movies. I taught for years, so most books would be  something medical. 

Quite truthfully, I find it meaningless and strange for anyone to pass harsh judgement on someone so giving of self. Apparently it does happen in many others' lives.

I enjoy the book titles presented and often find a few that I read, also. 

Have a great new week to all.   

NAES 

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears- I'm so sorry you're depressed, and I hope you will come out of it soon.

I find that books are my great escape as well. I can watch a movie for a few hours and escape but it's just not the same as reading. You go and read your heart out and hopefully you'll soon feel better. Hugs xoxox

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@sunala  In case you might be interested? This came in my Sunday library email-dunno if it's good or not, but it is on order at my library.

999: The Extraordinary Young Women of the First Official Jewish Transport to Auschwitz
by Heather Dunne Macadam
On March 25, 1942, 999 unmarried Jewish women boarded a train in Poprad, Slovakia. Filled with a sense of adventure and national pride, they left their parents’ homes wearing their best clothes and confidently waved goodbye. Believing they were going to work in a factory for a few months, they were eager to report for government service. Instead, the young women—many of them teenagers—were sent to Auschwitz. Their government paid 500 Reichsmark (about $200 apiece) for the Nazis to take them as slave labor. Heather Dune Macadam reveals their poignant stories, drawing on extensive interviews with survivors, and consulting with historians, witnesses, and relatives of those first deportees to create an important addition to Holocaust literature and women’s history.
To request this item:

@Judaline- this book sounds incredible. It won't be out until next month and I can't wait to read it. I have a feeling it's going to be an excellent book to read. Thank you!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 130 pages into Call Your Daughter Home by Deb Spera.  I am enjoying it.  LM

PS, finished this book.  I thought it was very well done.  I think this is a first book for Debra Spera.  I will read more by her.  One of those stories where, when you scratch below the public personas, therein lies the real story.

@Judaline , are you finished?

Thanks for the recommendation.  LM