Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? NOVEMBER 2019

I just finished Ice Cold Heart by P.J. Tracy, to be honest this was a bit over my head as it dealt with technology, which I am totally naive to, but the author did an excellent job writing about the complicated crime!

Next up Surfside Sisters by Nancy Thayer, after all the dark books and shows I have been watching, I need something to lift my spirits!  Hallmark is on my agenda for tonight!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished listening to The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell. For the most part, I really enjoyed it.  Great narrators all around.  But, after a while, I began to wonder what I was listening to.  I was expecting a mystery, but think it meshed into more a family drama.  Still, it was a quick read and I enjoyed it.  Told from three perspectives, with one character's part in first person.

I wonder if this is the year of the library, as my next two Audible's have libraries in them.  Will be starting The Starless Sea on Monday. I assume it will be much different from The Library of the Unwritten that I listened to a month ago.

Respected Contributor

@CareBears 

I recently read Surfside Sisters and it was very good.  Have read many of her books.

Esteemed Contributor

Before and Again by Barbara Delinsky (3.5 Stars)

An Accidental Woman by Barbara Delinsky (3 Stars)

The Book of Gutsy Women by Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton (4.5 Stars)

Excellent book of strong women around the world; stories of shear determination in their lives. This is filled with history and women who overcame obstacles. I thoroughly enjoy Chelsea Clinton's perspective and long-time friendships with other people, especially women. After reading some of her previous books (all highly recommended), this was on my "must read" list at the library. 

Didn't care for Hillary's comments in red ink; it was distracting. This is not reading the Bible. Does she feel her words carry more impact than those of Chelsea's? Selecting another type font would have been preferable. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Just finished The Patient by Steena Holmes.  I usually don't like books that play with my mind but this one held my interest until the end until it was all played out.  I'd give it a 7 and I finished it in a few days too.

Onto The Moonshiner's Daughter by Donna Everhart.

Trusted Contributor

Almost finished "Beautiful Bad" and I hate to see it end! Great read, IMO!
Valued Contributor

@teganslaw 

love Daniel Silva too!  In fact, after reading the New Girl, I decided to start over with the series and they are just as good the 2nd time around..  I'm now on book 11, Portrait of a Spy.

Valued Contributor

I loved the LAST ROMANTICS, a great book,and not in my usual genre!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished Surfside Sisters by Nancy Thayer, I enjoyed it, as I have all the books I have read of hers.

Next up, Time After Time by Lisa Grunwald. will post my review when I finish!

Trusted Contributor

About 1/3 of the way into "The Starter Wife" by Nina Laurin. Very good read so far! Mystery/Suspense category.