Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

@sunala wrote:

Awww @LoriLori don't worry about it. It will turn up some day, sooner or later. I'll be watching for it as well. Thank you so much for trying to find it.  I'm going to try her Facebook page and see if it's hidden in there somewhere. Love love LOVE her!!!

Went looking again and didn't find it (I promise I give up now!) but I found this little interview with her on her website and -- if I'm reading it right, am I? -- there's great news:  "Night of Miracles" is second in a trilogy.  

http://www.elizabeth-berg.net/site/epage/165896_662.htm

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

I'm going to read Charles Belfoure's The Fallen Architect.  A mystery and a new author. 

No way!! I didn't know he had a new book out-just reserved it, thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I'm going to read Charles Belfoure's The Fallen Architect.  A mystery and a new author. 

No way!! I didn't know he had a new book out-just reserved it, thanks.

I won it from Source Books via Facebook.  This is the first book of his I've read.  New author for me. 

Valued Contributor

Reading "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain.  Very interesting.  Its strange, because the writing is like his speech and as I'm reading, I'm hearing his voice.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@sunala wrote:

Awww @LoriLori don't worry about it. It will turn up some day, sooner or later. I'll be watching for it as well. Thank you so much for trying to find it.  I'm going to try her Facebook page and see if it's hidden in there somewhere. Love love LOVE her!!!

Went looking again and didn't find it (I promise I give up now!) but I found this little interview with her on her website and -- if I'm reading it right, am I? -- there's great news:  "Night of Miracles" is second in a trilogy.  

http://www.elizabeth-berg.net/site/epage/165896_662.htm

@LoriLoriTHANK YOU! You made me so happy! So now there will be a third book. How exciting is that? I guess it will be about Tiny and the lady who owns the diner (can't remember her name), Iris and Maddy and Nola and the neighbors (Link and the parents whose names I can't remember) and some new characters from the baking classes. As soon as I'm done reading a book I forget the character's names. Shame on me!

@LoriLoriagain, THANK YOU!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I finished The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll, I gave it 3 stars on Goodreads, the characters never became nice IMO, and it was women trying to destroy each other to further themselves, but still claiming to be friends, I had invested too much time to pull the plug, so I read until the end, but I kept checking how much was left a sign that I really did not enjoy teading the book,

Next up A Gathering of Secrets by Linda Castillo, highly rated so I hope I like this book.

Esteemed Contributor

I finished listening to Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao. I had it on Audible for several months and kind of only listened to it now because it was included in several of the “best of” GoodReads categories. It’s about two friends from India who each suffer unimaginable horrors and still being able to find some spark to keep them going. It was fine; some things hard to listen to. Ending was quite abrupt and I needed to rewind to see if I missed something.  Will not be a book that will be getting any of my votes.  

Kind of book related, I saw The Girl in the Spider Web. I didn’t remember the plot from the novel, but did recall a few of the major plot points.  I think the actors from the first Dragon Tattoo were more dynamic.  Blomkvist especially was rather bland.  Handsome, but not particularly exciting. If you liked the new series of books, you may like it.

Moving onto Nine Perfect Strangers.  I feel that A Spark of Light may be on there a while before I get to it!!  Too many good books released each month!

@CareBears I wanted to comment on The Favorite Sister.  I think the author has a very particular way she writes. It’s just a little difficult to get into - here I am bashing, but I wonder if it’s just her millenial voice?  At any rate, the only character I could feel any attachment or understanding of was the vegan Paltrow wannabe.  And that was really only in one part - when she was talking to the sister about what she thought the show was going to be about and why she signed on. That’s when she actually made sense to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alter Ego  I really thought that book was like the Housewives shows, the vegan Paltro character yes, she was the most real in the area of the book you wrote about, but she was not really the same person she showed the world as when she thought she was alone and no one could see her.  And the ending was just horrible as far as sisters betraying ne another, it made me sick!

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished two books by Tom Turner, Palm Beach Nasty and Palm Beach Poison.  Currently, I am reading his Palm Beach Deadly.

The main character is Crawford, a homocide cop, who has moved from NYC to Palm Beach.  The books are really good, if you are looking for a good mystery.  The second book will creep you out.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

NO ONE KNOWS  J.T. Ellison

BUTTON MAN  Andrew Gross

THE GIRL FROM BERLIN  Ronald Balson

LIES  T.M. Logan

OPEN YOUR EYES  Paula Daly