Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

Where the Crawdads Sing - so, so good.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clock Dance by Anne Tyler 

Loved this book. I read it in a day.  (Football on TV, I read! One formula for a lasting marriage!)

Esteemed Contributor

I finished  CastAway Cottage by Joanne Demaio, and as I expected I loved it, as I have loved every one of her books, I pray that another one of her beach books are in the works.  

Next up reading  is The Christmas Star by Donna VanLiere, I am entering my reading Christmas books phase, I have several on request, I love the cozy warm feelings  during this time of the year, I am slightly nuts over the Christmas holiday and decorate like a department store, I decorate everything and have added a number of new decorations this year, just decorated for Thanksgiving this morning

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline I just put in a request for this, love Christmas books!

Respected Contributor

Finished Sally Hepworth's The Mother-In-Law.  This is the 2nd book I've read by her and really enjoyed it.

Going to read nf for a change.  Ira Sumner Simmonds From Siberia To St. Kitts:  A Teacher's Journey.

Regular Contributor

An Autumn cold stopped my reading in its tracks in the end of October and I didn't read as much as I usually do...

Now that it's November, I'm back! 

I finished:
Did You Miss Me? by Karen Rose - This is book number 14 in her romantic suspense series, and #3 in the Baltimore subseries. It was about abductions of women and children and then there was a courtroom shoot out, so reading this one at night (my favorite time to read) was a little touch and go. It was an exciting and somewhat terrifying read.  

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens - part of the Reese Witherspoon book club. Many people here have read and recommended it, so I jumped aboard the bandwagon. I ended up reading it in one sitting yesterday and it was fantastic! My mom is reading it now and also enjoying it.

The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg - I had been given an ARC of Night of Miracles and planned to read it soon to review it, but then I read that it was a sequel, so I started at the beginning!  I am so glad that I read this one. It was a fantastic reading experience. I read it all today while by family was watching football!

Now I am reading:
Roomies by Christina Lauren 

The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain

Night of Miracles by Elizabeth Berg

Honored Contributor

I just finished reading  Make Something Good Today by Erin and Ben Napier.  I enjoy their HGTV show, Home Town. 

I enjoyed it..........easy, fast read. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finished An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena, and Elevation by Stephen King.

One star for An Unwanted Guest, and five stars for Elevation. 

I'm not sure what book is next. Hopefully another five star!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catlover00 wrote:
Currently reading THE POSTMISTRESS by Sarah Blake. I had won it in a giveaway several years ago and it's been sitting on my bookshelf since. 100 pages in and it seems to be a little slow to develop. Anyone else read this? Is it worth sticking with?

hi @catlover00 - I know I read it years ago and enjoyed it, but can't remember too much about it.

A book is only worth sticking with if you can't let it go. If you can let it go, do it! I should have done it with the book I finished yesterday, An Unwanted Guest, by Shari Lapena. I didn't like it much but I stuck with it because I wanted to find out who the murderer was, but I wish I hadn't wasted so much valuable reading time. It wasn't worth it. One day I'll learn!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I read The Postmistress when it first came out. Nothing remarkable.