Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

I'm reading The Recipe Box by Sandra Lee (from Food Network).  It's about a single mother raising a teenage daughter.  I'm about halfway through and am enjoying it.   

Valued Contributor

Bridgegal, I have The Reckoning on wait list and also the new Jack Reacher book  Past Tense coming out the 5th I think.

Honored Contributor

I'm reading the new Terri Blackstock book,Catching Christmas. I love the cover. I love the book. It's darling and sweet. It's very small and short. 

Cover art

Honored Contributor

Reading some older books by Robert Crais.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I think there was only one I didn't like. Maybe two. The one was about a WWll plane crashed in the desert, and the girl they were trying to find was being held captive in it along with some Hispanics. Slaves.

Honored Contributor

@sunalanot sure if you're on Goodreads?  Elizabeth Berg wrote a lovely blog post on Goodreads about the new book ("Night of Miracles") and how she wasn't ready to let go of the characters.  I enjoyed reading it, can provide a link if anyone wants it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This week I finished Naked in death, by J.D.Robb I really enjoyed this book.  It was a Mystery/Murders set in the year 2058. The book had a sprinkle of romance added in as well. It definitely held my attention.

I also finished Cruel & Unusual, by Patricia Cornwell. I am starting to grow weary of her books. They just seem to basically be the same to me. Someone is always trying to do her in, (Dr. Scarpetta) murder her etc. I believe this was book 4 in the series, and I am going to skip the next two, because it's a continuation of a murderer that has no redeeming qualities at all and I just do not care to find out what happens to him. I will make up my mind after I read book 7 if I will stay with the series or not. 

I started Left Behind by LaHaye and Jenkins last night.  I actually began reading these books years ago but I only read about four or five in the series and became distracted.  I have decided that I would like to read the entire series, but I could not remember too much about the books that I had read so I decided to start from the beginning again. 

Trusted Contributor

@icezeus - love the J. D. Robb books, not so much for Eve, but for all the colorful characters that surround her.  Keep on reading them; they're great!  On the other hand, Patricia Cornwell:  her first few books are great, but they go down from there.  They just got worse and worse to me; I stopped reading her a few books ago.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I think there was only one I didn't like. Maybe two. The one was about a WWll plane crashed in the desert, and the girl they were trying to find was being held captive in it along with some Hispanics. Slaves.

@Judaline -The Robert Crais book that you, me, and @smoky22 all dislike is "Taken."  So confusing, constantly going back and forth in time and location.  Of course, his best book is "Suspect," about Maggie the dog.  Such a great book.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Judaline -The Robert Crais book that you, me, and @smoky22 all dislike is "Taken."  So confusing, constantly going back and forth in time and location.  Of course, his best book is "Suspect," about Maggie the dog.  Such a great book.

Yes. More! We want more!