Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

I finished Alaskan Holiday by Debbie Macomber.  It was a good story overall but I've liked many of her other books more than this one. 

Trusted Contributor

Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake

The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg

Respected Contributor

Finished The Fallen Architect by Frank Belfoure.  It was enjoyable but don't think I'll be reading anymore of his from the past.  It was sort of a murder mystery.  Loved the theatrical aspect of this book.

Onto The Songbird by Marcia Willette, a much lighter read.

Respected Contributor

I am at the end of The  Racketeer John Grisham. Reading The Talisman. Taking time for I am not liking it yet I need to now the end.  I am also reading CIRCE

Honored Contributor

Well, I've been trying to find another series of mysteries that I can read from beginning to end.  I was very happy with Robert Crais' and John Sandford's series, Andy Carpenter and Elvis Cole,   ... and have read all of them.

Funny, but each time I finish a series, I'm afraid I won't find anything else I liked as much as what I just finished!    Woman LOL

Tried James Patterson's The Black Book, which he stated he thinks it's his best book in 25 years!     I found it to be tough to put down ... and the ending really surprised me.

So, I found a series of 5 books he wrote ... the NYPD RED series, which immediately hooked me.  I'm reading the last one first (picked it up in a bookstore, not realizing it was the last of the 5), so I've now just ordered the first 4.    

I also picked up Janet Evanovich's 25th book, STAY ALIVE TWENTY FIVE,  just out in the past week.

Honored Contributor

Finished THE DEATH OF MRS. WESTAWAY, by Ruth Ware, it was really good. It definitely was her best book so far.......I am back to trying to get into Never, Never by James Patterson, hopefully can get into it now.....lol!

Regular Contributor

I just finished up a couple of the books I was reading (I read more than one book at a time, so it's not unusual that I will finish a couple in a day...)

Hot Winter Nights - part of the Heartbreaker Bay series by Jill Shalvis - This was a fun read. It reminded me a little of the Stephanie Plum books, due to the elf costumes and the private investigation/bounty hunter story lines. The enjoyable secondary characters are also a draw for me!

Christmas at Timberwoods by Fern Michaels: I'm not sure what I was looking for with this book, but I didn't exactly get what I bargained for. I guess I was in the mood for a cozy Christmas romance, but this had more meat and some thriller aspects. It was an ok read, but not great IMO.

Honored Contributor

I've almost finished the fourth book of David Baldacci's series with Will Robie. Thoroughly enjoying it! There is only one more in the series, as of now. When I finish that, I want to try another one of Baldacci's series.

Trusted Contributor

Reading: Heart of A Ranger.

Amazing true story.

Esteemed Contributor

I just finished reading Good Luck with That, by Kristan Higgins.  I really enjoyed it and do recommend it.

I don't know what's next on my agenda. When I get into bed in a few minutes, I'll open the Kindle and pick out something.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett