Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett. I never read the book before or saw the movie. Very good novel; Follett writes a thrilling spy story taking place during WW11.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@LoriMN wrote:

Sometimes I Lie, by Alice Feeney.  A psychological thriller.  So far, it is really good.

I read that and liked it but the end was so confusing and muddled to me. Will be interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish!

I'm not a big psychological reader but I won this book from Goodreads a while back and I'm still confused by the ending and that never happens to me.

I think a majority of us on goodreads were! Lots of comments and theories about what was going on.  

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@LoriMN wrote:

Sometimes I Lie, by Alice Feeney.  A psychological thriller.  So far, it is really good.

I read that and liked it but the end was so confusing and muddled to me. Will be interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish!

I'm not a big psychological reader but I won this book from Goodreads a while back and I'm still confused by the ending and that never happens to me.

I think a majority of us on goodreads were! Lots of comments and theories about what was going on.  

That's for sure.  Someone told me who it really was and I think I understand.  I think.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw, check out the movie.  It is very good.  LM

Respected Contributor

1491 (Second Edition): New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus

This book is described as "A groundbreaking work of science, history, and archaeology, Charles C. Mann radically alters our understanding of the Americas before the arrival of Columbus in 1492". Wow! I could not put this big baby down. This is REAL history and fascinating!

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@LoriMN wrote:

That's for sure.  Someone told me who it really was and I think I understand.  I think.  LOL.

Ha!!

Respected Contributor

I finished reading Look Alive Twenty-Five by Janet Evanovich.  Her books are always humorous while trying to solve a mystery.  This one ended very abruptly.  I even wondered if some pages were missing.  I hope that she will continue the ending in Book 26.  She writes one of these per year so it'll be awhile. 

Esteemed Contributor

This thread is now closed. Please see our December "What Are You Reading" thread for more book suggestions!

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and a happy New Year!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

@smoky22 wrote:

I finished Unsheltered (Barbara Kingsolver).  I really, really wanted to like this book.  I agree with most of her views so she is usually preaching to the choir, but she has too many things going on, and it's not even in an interesting way.  There are two stories that alternate chapters, one is present day and the other is from the 1870's.  I'm not a fan of this type of writing anyway.  Only a few books I've read have managed to make both stories interesting.  She could have skipped the one from the 1870's as that one is totally boring.  And, of course, that made the book too long.  I gave it 3 stars (and probably shouldn't have).

I have loved every Kingsolver book, waited patiently for this to come out and am so disappointed. I had to abandon it. Too boring for words. Relieved (but sad) to read your opinion agrees.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse. @Sweetbabyjane I finished it and am also confused!  What the heck!