Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

@Lilysmom  enjoy your adjustable bed.  I'd like to get one someday.  I'm looking forward to your review of Kingdom of the Blind.

I read The Death of Mrs Westaway and thought the main character was another wimpy, not very bright female. She kept walking around barefoot and freezing.  The book was so repetitious.  I'm in the minority, I know, but none of the Ruth Ware books have lived up to the hype for me.  Maybe it will get better for you.

Respected Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@smoky22 wrote:

@dawg lover  my e-library only has this as an audio book.  I normally don't do audio but I put myself on waitlist for this one.  I think I read somewhere that the person doing the reading for this series was so good at the accent.

Maybe it will come in soon, as the book only came out yesterday (11/27).  I can't do audio books: they lull me to sleep!  Then, I have to go back and find where I nodded off!

@dawg lover  I hope it comes out in book form for me.  I get so much more out of it that way.  My mind wanders too much when I try to do audio.  Ideally I would like to read this one first and then listen to the audio version just to hear the correct pronunciations. 

Honored Contributor

I read The Last Child. It was very good. I will be getting this one, thanks!

Honored Contributor

I love old movies. I love Greer Garson. But I thought this one was awful. Much prefer the Colin Firth version. I recently saw The Looming Tower-Jennifer Ehle was in it and I didn't even know her. 

Regular Contributor

After reading recommendations of the book Arthur Truluv I got it a few days ago and could not put it down!!! I loved it so much I read it in one day!!! I am now starting Night of Miracles and hope it is as good!!!! I am usually an Amish romance reader but Arthur Truluv is so wonderful I may read it again!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@smoky22, I started Kindom of the Blind today.  Power outage here lasted all day.  Really strong start!  LM

PS @smoky22, I skipped 200 pages on The Death of Mrs. Westaway and read the last 50 pages.  Good move on my part.  Underwhelming.  LM

Honored Contributor

The Death of Mrs. Westaway was my least favorite Ruth Ware novels.  

Honored Contributor

@LoriMN wrote:

Sometimes I Lie, by Alice Feeney.  A psychological thriller.  So far, it is really good.

I read that and liked it but the end was so confusing and muddled to me. Will be interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish!

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@LoriMN wrote:

Sometimes I Lie, by Alice Feeney.  A psychological thriller.  So far, it is really good.

I read that and liked it but the end was so confusing and muddled to me. Will be interested in hearing your thoughts when you finish!

I'm not a big psychological reader but I won this book from Goodreads a while back and I'm still confused by the ending and that never happens to me.

Honored Contributor

Beauchamp Hall, by Danielle Steel

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."