Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

I finished Abandoned by Allison Brennan, enjoyed it very much!

Next up, The Cat Who Came Back For Christmas by Julia Romp.

Esteemed Contributor

Just finished A Thanksgiving in Provence by Susan Kiernan-Lewis.  This is a novella and the latest book in the Maggie Newberry mystery series.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Currently reading Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett.  I read it years go and it is good the second time around too.

Does anyone remember Five Smooth Stones?  That is on my reread list also.  LM

I remember it! Soooo good. We passed it all along our neighborhood. Everyone loved it. I also remember reading Eye of the Needle at that time in my life. Another goodie. I don't know why I stopped reading Ken Follett.

Honored Contributor

HI all

I haven't been posting cause I haven't been reading. But when I do again- I'll be back

Happy Thanksgiving - thankful for you all when I need a great suggestion

giphy-1.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

Currently reading Eye of the Needle by Ken Follett.  I read it years go and it is good the second time around too.

@Lilysmom.  Eye of the Needle was also a great movie.

Honored Contributor

If you liked Letters to the Lost by Iona Grey, she has finished her second novel, due out 2019. It's called The Glittering Hour and will again have a WWll theme. I am anxiously awaiting this one because I loved her firt one.

Trusted Contributor

I am reading non-fiction right now.  The Husband Hunters -- American Heiresses Who Married into the British Aristocracy by Anne De Courcy.

Tells the stories of mega wealthy American heiresses and their social climbing mothers in the late 1800's/early 1900's.  I keep picturing Lady Grantham, the American wife of Lord Grantham in Downton Abbey.

Image result for lady grantham

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving.jpg

To everyone here, Blesssing to you and your families, thanks for all the friendships I have made here!

Esteemed Contributor

@alliswell wrote:

The Underground Railroad enters the pantheon of . . . the Great American Novels. . . . A wonderful reminder of what great literature is supposed to do: open our eyes, challenge us, and leave us changed by the end.”Esquire

@alliswell- I really tried to read this book but I just couldn't get into it. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to reading it. Maybe another time. Glad you enjoyed it!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Lilysmom- I also read Eye of the Needle about 100 years ago! I remember I enjoyed it immensely.

As far as Five Smooth Stones, I read the synopsis and knew I had to read it. When I got my first Kindle many years ago, I bought it. I never buy books because I've always used the library, and even with the Kindle my library takes care of all my ebook needs. But I had to buy that book!

Well, it's now almost 2019 and I still haven't read it. How bad am I? Maybe I'll read it before the end of the year (yeah, right). However, thanks for the reminder!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett