Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~ NOVEMBER 2018 ~

@dmod nj wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

I am reading Becoming by you know who. I am LOVING it. What a remarkable woman and a role model for all in dealing with hate and racism.  and being one's best self.

I am reading Becoming too.  Well said, @reiki604, ita. 

@dmod nj

@reiki604 

I wish I had Becoming already! I put a reserve on it at the library but there will be quite a wait, which I totally expected. I can't wait!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

The Underground Railroad enters the pantheon of . . . the Great American Novels. . . . A wonderful reminder of what great literature is supposed to do: open our eyes, challenge us, and leave us changed by the end.”Esquire

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

I am reading Becoming by you know who. I am LOVING it. What a remarkable woman and a role model for all in dealing with hate and racism.  and being one's best self.

@dmod nj

@reiki604 

I wish I had Becoming already! I put a reserve on it at the library but there will be quite a wait, which I totally expected. I can't wait!

@sunala  My girlfriend bought the book, read it already, and passed it on to me.  I had my name on the library reserve list too.   

When you do get the opportunity to read it, I believe you will enjoy it.  As I am reading it, I'm finding.......we all have so much in common and feel so many of the same things, regardless of color, faith, or where we grew up. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

The Love Letter, by Rachel Hauck;

The Best Of Intentions, by Susan Ann Mason.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@dmod nj

@reiki604 

@sunala  My girlfriend bought the book, read it already, and passed it on to me.  I had my name on the library reserve list too.   

When you do get the opportunity to read it, I believe you will enjoy it.  As I am reading it, I'm finding.......we all have so much in common and feel so many of the same things, regardless of color, faith, or where we grew up. 

@dmod nj- I totally agree! I can't wait to get it. Please let us know when you're done.

Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@reiki604

Image result for thumbs up emoji

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@dmod nj wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

@dmod nj

@reiki604 

@dmod nj- I totally agree! I can't wait to get it. Please let us know when you're done.

Will do @sunala.  I'm a slow reader and this week I am swamped with holiday prep. But, whenever I am done, I will check back here. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

I had a busy listening weekend! Finished the last two Allen Eskens books - The Deep Dark Descending (sequel to The Heavens May Fall) and The Shadows We Hide (sequel to The Life We Bury.) Some characters interlap between the different novels, but the main characters are linked as I show. Although not award winning literature, I like the way the stories unfold. I especially liked the turns the latest story took as we delve more into Joe Talbert’s life and get a follow up on his brother, girlfriend and mother. 

I think My Sister, the Serial Killer is supposed to drop tomorrow, so I’m really looking forward to the hype and promise of dark humor.  Not the most...appropriate of holiday reading!! LOL

Honored Contributor

Every Time You Go Away, by Beth Harbison

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Just finished In The Blink Of An Eye by Jesse Blackadder.  Definitely a predictable book but it was good.

Onto Alan Felyk's Damaged Upon All Recognition.  A different type of book for me but I need to start expanding my reading tastes.