Trusted Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~~ NOVEMBER, 2017

@LoriLori  I read this when it first came out, and sorry to say, I can't remeber what it was about!  I just checked my Goodreads account to see what I wrote about it.  Not much, really.  I liked the three main characters, and "Jeremy was a sweetheart."  And that I had no idea how it was going to end.  I know I liked it though, and gave it four stars.  This author has written another mystery, sounds good, but I haven't read it yet.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline Glad to hear that you are warming to Britt-Marie, I am obsessive about cleaning as much as she is, I love to clean and organize, but I must say with all of my reading sometimes the cleaning does get put on the list of there is always tomorrow, I just loved her, and I love how Fredrick makes the reader look inbetween the lines of his characters, like we have to do in real life.  So many people jump to judgement about people and never give them a chance, if we all took the time to really get to know someone the world would be less harsh to those who appear different, we all have a story to tell!  And some of the most beautiful souls walking the earth are labeled as different, when the title should be misunderstood.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori I just picked up Deal of a Lifetime, I am in the middle of another book but I think I will start reading this one, I feel the need to have a good cry today, and favorite author  Fredrick seems to bring out the tears in me.  I am just head over heels in love with his books!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears, you and me both!  If you find my review of "The Deal of a Lifetime" let me know what you think.  I worked on it so long, so much longer than any review I've ever written before, because I wanted to do him justice, do it justice.  

@walkingaland CareBears, thanks for your input on "The Life We Bury."  Anyone else who wants to weigh in, much appreciated!!!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Judaline Glad to hear that you are warming to Britt-Marie, I am obsessive about cleaning as much as she is, I love to clean and organize, but I must say with all of my reading sometimes the cleaning does get put on the list of there is always tomorrow, I just loved her, and I love how Fredrick makes the reader look inbetween the lines of his characters, like we have to do in real life.  So many people jump to judgement about people and never give them a chance, if we all took the time to really get to know someone the world would be less harsh to those who appear different, we all have a story to tell!  And some of the most beautiful souls walking the earth are labeled as different, when the title should be misunderstood.

@CareBears  It's actually the author I'm warming to. Britt-Marie had me right away. I love to clean and organize, it's just that I could never do it every day like she does-to excess. If I lived alone it would be easy, but then again, unnecessary!  You can't win.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori I found your review, you did a beautiful job in your review!  Almost every review mentions weeping, I better have a couple of boxes of tissue ready, I am a sap for a pull at your heartstrings story!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears, thank you so much, it means a lot to me.  My favorite author, a book that has grabbed my heart and squeezed it, all I want was to do him and it justice.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori I pray that one day you get to meet him, you are his biggest cheerleader and I know he would be flattered!

I just finished The Deal of a Lifetime, I closed the last page, and really did not know how I felt about it.  So I called my reading Buddy and it was not until I spoke out loud about what the book was about that it hit me, I expected  so many  tears, but this one did not bring on the floodgates like the others did.  It is very thought provoking and has deep meaning, maybe it is because I have never lived thinking that to be a success you have to be rich or important in business, I have always lived believing to be successful you have to be a good person and kind to others, so that in the end you are remembered for being kind, to me that is the ultimate reward at the end of ones life! Fredrik lives on with another winner, one that I will be thinking about for a long time to come!

Respected Contributor

I want that Snoopy shirt--it proclaims the truth!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@LoriLori I pray that one day you get to meet him, you are his biggest cheerleader and I know he would be flattered!

I just finished The Deal of a Lifetime, I closed the last page, and really did not know how I felt about it.  So I called my reading Buddy and it was not until I spoke out loud about what the book was about that it hit me, I expected  so many  tears, but this one did not bring on the floodgates like the others did.  It is very thought provoking and has deep meaning, maybe it is because I have never lived thinking that to be a success you have to be rich or important in business, I have always lived believing to be successful you have to be a good person and kind to others, so that in the end you are remembered for being kind, to me that is the ultimate reward at the end of ones life! Fredrik lives on with another winner, one that I will be thinking about for a long time to come!

@CareBears, that is exactly the point.  Without spoiling anything this is a redemption story.  It's not feel-good like "It's a Wonderful Life" because it's so deep but it DEALS with the ultimate sacrifice.