Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU READING? ~~ NOVEMBER, 2017

@beckyb1012  I'm sure you didn't know what you were in for. I'm just thinking reviews are out there and evidently people read it anyway. (not you) I guess everyone has different tastes.

I loved the Catherine Cookson books. There was always tragedy in the beginning, but I knew everything would come out fine and have a fairy tale ending. So I guess I'm a bit of an enigma, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I love Tuesdays, because that's when all the new books come out!  I'm going to the library today to pick up Alexander McCall Smith's latest in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, "THE HOUSE OF UNEXPECTED SISTERS", as well as Mary Higgins Clark's new book, "EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE."

I am currently reading Kate White's most recent book in her Bailey Weggins series, "EVEN IF IT KILLS HER."  Her books are usually very good.

Honored Contributor

Anne Boleyn, a king's obsession, by Alison Weir

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@smoky22 - here's some interesting Nicci French news for you:  as you know, her "Sunday Silence" book is coming out in America on January 9th (I know you already have it), but there will be one more book after that!  The final book in the Frieda Klein series, "Day of the Dead", will come out in the UK on July 24th.

Also, for fans of the Flavia series by Alan Bradley, his new book called "The Grave's a Fine and Private Place" will come out on January 30th.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started The Marriage Lie" by Kimberly Belloe I am about 50 pages into it, and Wow did it pack a punch so far, very good, cannot turn the pages fast enough!  Here is what Amazons details of the book in a brief summary:

Everyone has secrets… 

Iris and Will have been married for seven years, and life is as close to perfect as it can be. But on the morning Will flies out for a business trip to Florida, Iris's happy world comes to an abrupt halt: another plane headed for Seattle has crashed into a field, killing everyone on board and, according to the airline, Will was one of the passengers. 

Grief stricken and confused, Iris is convinced it all must be a huge misunderstanding. Why did Will lie about where he was going? And what else has he lied about? As Iris sets off on a desperate quest to uncover what her husband was keeping from her, the answers she finds shock her to her very core.

@beckyb1012 @CANDLEQUEEN & @Borntoshop this book, would be book you would all enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

I started The Marrieage Lie" by Kimberly Belloe I am about 50 pages into it, and Wow did it pack a punch so far, very good, cannot turn the pages fast enough!  Here is what Amazons details of the book in a brief summary:

Everyone has secrets… 

Iris and Will have been married for seven years, and life is as close to perfect as it can be. But on the morning Will flies out for a business trip to Florida, Iris's happy world comes to an abrupt halt: another plane headed for Seattle has crashed into a field, killing everyone on board and, according to the airline, Will was one of the passengers. 

Grief stricken and confused, Iris is convinced it all must be a huge misunderstanding. Why did Will lie about where he was going? And what else has he lied about? As Iris sets off on a desperate quest to uncover what her husband was keeping from her, the answers she finds shock her to her very core.

@beckyb1012@CANDLEQUEEN@BornToShop this book, would be book you would all enjoy!

@CareBears - I read this book and enjoyed it. Quick reading and enjoyable! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

@smoky22 - here's some interesting Nicci French news for you:  as you know, her "Sunday Silence" book is coming out in America on January 9th (I know you already have it), but there will be one more book after that!  The final book in the Frieda Klein series, "Day of the Dead", will come out in the UK on July 24th.

Also, for fans of the Flavia series by Alan Bradley, his new book called "The Grave's a Fine and Private Place" will come out on January 30th.

@dawg lover  You have made my day!!!  I had a feeling that Sunday Silence might not be the end.  I can't wait.

Respected Contributor

@CareBears  and @sunala  I just put The Marriage Lie on hold, based on both of your recommendations.  I was surprised at how popular it is.  I'm #34 on the list. 

Honored Contributor

@CareBears This is on my list to read for sure!!!!!!!!!!I can't wait to hear if you found it to be good...........It sure sounds good......

Respected Contributor

I liked all the books I read recently (unusual for me).

Bury The Lead (3rd Andy Carpenter). Very enjoyable.

Seven Dials (23rd in the Thomas & Charlotte Pitt series).  It was much better than the last couple of books in this series.

What Happened (HRC). I liked it.   

Blue Labyrinth (15th in the Agent Pendergast series).  Again, better than the last several in the series.  I thought this one was excellent!